Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-03-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
tpack
Junior

Are there any Southern California guides

I was looking forward to starting out kayak fishing this year, but the guide I was planning to go out with (Kevin, the Sea Samurai) retired from guiding at the end of last season. The other guy I have read a lot about on here, the Dark Horse, no longer guides either. There is a group in Moro Bay that looks like they are still guiding but that is a long trip for me. I'm in the Ventura County/Malibu area.

Do you guys know of anyone who is doing any guiding somewhere from San Diego to Ventura County?

(And before someone offers to take me out with them, the reason I wanted to start with a guide is I am starting at zero: I don't have any gear, and I have incredibly limited fishing experience and no knowledge (a little time shore fishing and canoe fishing, always with a buddy who told me exactly what to do and how), so I have a preference to go with someone that I'm paying)
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:40 AM   #2
FISH11

Try Capt. Wade at Capt. Wade Charters. http://www.captainwade.com/ also is Jim Sammons at http://kayak4fish.com/

Last edited by FISH11; 03-03-2020 at 08:47 AM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Saba Slayer

Roman at OEX

Since I retired from guiding I've been giving all my referrals to Roman at OEX Sunset...He's an excellent fisherman in both fresh water and Salt and he also catches his share of Lobsters too.
I wouldn't give my clients to anyone but Kevin or Roman...so I'd give him a call at OEX if you'd like to cut your learning curve and also catch some fish...
....OEX Sunset Beach...562-592-0800....
He'll be doing seminars at the Fred Hall Long Beach shows if you'd like to meet him...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image003-2.jpg (56.2 KB, 109 views)

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #4
Revoguys

Hey man, I’m out of commission for a little while from surgery but once I’m healed up you’re more than welcome to tag along in La Jolla. You’ll learn fast just getting out there and getting comfortable on a kayak and learning how to fish from a yak. Way different but definitely a great fishing experience. Just keep grinding and practicing your knots and rigging lines and the rest will come with experience on the water. Good luck and hit me up if you need anything.
Revoguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #5
RK

You were referred some excellent fisherman too bad most retired from guiding, just charge out on a dreamy day and be cool to people you’ll be surprised what kind of rad people you’ll meet and what you’ll learn from time on the water it’s priceless
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #6
PapaDave

I also guide out of Dana Point...