Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
FullFlavorPike

30# 7' live bait lever drag setups (2 of them)

Clearing out some space and parting with some old tackle. Parting with a couple lever drag setups that are perfect for a someone with not a lot of money who's just trying to get fitted out with gear that works.

Setup One
7' Penn Sabre 870 (15-40#) with "Pro Angler" lever drag. This rod is actually nice, as it's one of the old, USA Made Sabre Strokers that were real Penn rods. Big 5 current strokers are not on this level. The reel definitely needs a drag washer, and I am pretty sure it uses a TLD15 titanium washer (but not completely sure). I took the reel apart to clean the drag because it was sticking, and when I put it back together the lever drag mechanism is jacked up. I don't think I broke anything, but it needs tinkering. This is your chance to join the Alan Tani board and ask for help! Reel has older, 40# braid on it.

Setup Two
7' Penn Sabre 870 (15-40#) with an old TLD15. This is not a USA Made model, and it's also sporting the ugliest rewrap in the history of rewraps (because it's the first and only rewrap I'll ever do!). However, the TLD works perfectly despite its advanced age. Fitted with Carbontex drags, and has enough green 65# spectra on it to catch anything LJ can throw at you.

Neither of these is a "nice" setup, but either will catch a yt. Perfect for somebody with more time than money, or just not that much money.

$75 each. PM me.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
FullFlavorPike

noboy's broke enough to jump on this? i'd have been on it like white on rice back before I had a steady paycheck coming in
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:19 PM   #3
socal.beach.bum

If I lived down in SD I’d pick them up. But much too far a drive.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote