Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
Matt
Support your local pangas

10/30

Well fished LJ with Vito most of the morning, when I first paddled on out I couldn't find a bait to save my life ran into Vito who had a very similar tale to tell. Finally make a tiny,tiny,tiny sardine and throw him on down to the bottom rig, at 8:30 suddenly my ff just goes black with bait, so much you wouldn't believe it? At the same time by bottom rig gets a quick scream and drop as I pull it in I find a crushed, smashed, flattened head! Dammit!!! I just throw the bottom rig back down again and concentrate on bait when something little picks it up and barely pulls the clicker, keep working on my bait, finally make enough so I reel in the bottom rig attached to what I suspect was a Mack or small bonito, it shakes off. Finally get to fishing with really nice sized perfect candy bar greenies......fished until 11:30 por nada!

Decided to save my bait and go hooping in the bay, hooped from about 9:30 until about 1:30 for only one legal bug.....I have a strange feeling the crawl was gonna start in about 2:30 but there was no way I could stay any longer so here is the little future winner of the Matt and Anna's dinner competition!!!

Last edited by Matt; 10-31-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
FISHIONADO

Looks tasty! Someone mentioned to me yesterday something about taking out the poop vein by pulling out an antenna. Is that true? Your's looks antenna-less. They were crawling at LJ Sunday night from about 7:00pm and were still going when I left at 10:00pm.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
slayersmith

Take and break off the antena, take the big end and shove it up the mudd vein and twist and pull the vein out.

Nice job on the bug, Up LA way we have had an early crawl all season so far. Have your nets out by sundown.

Take it easy!

Aaron
slayersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
Matt
Support your local pangas

Just like Aarron said Dave, the first antenna broke when I went for the grab though.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote