Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

Lobster FMP info...

As Usual....this is my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of the Lobster LAC FMP....

The Marine Resources Committee met on Tuesday the 5th and Tom Barnes from the Department gave an update on the Lobster FMP.
They have finished the draft of the FMP and it is under Department review. They will release the draft to peer review and to the public at about the same time in September. There are two INFORMATION ONLY (no public feedback) meetings planned for the public. The meetings will probably be in Oxnard and Carlsbad.
The draft is about a 70 page body. There will be a separate LAC meeting in September to submit input on the FMP draft. Any new reg changes are planned to be implemented in the 2016-2017 season.
The only new recreational info that Tom had was on the report cards…he said that only 49% had been returned and that of those 49%...22% reported not going out and using the card. He also said because of the 22% non-use, that the Department is anticipating a drop in report card sales this year due to the $20 fee.

Trayscool…until the FMP is released I can’t be sure of the Haulers status…but if things are on track, then you will be able to use a hauler for lobster if you have your doctor sign a DFW handicap form…it should be as easy as getting a Marijuana card.

Lastly…on the timeline that the Department presented at the meeting there is public comment planned during the FMP adoption process in the first two quarters of 2015….SUPPOSEDLY they will provide “workshops” for public input…IMHO this is BS and it’s way too late to have any effect…they’ve already written the damn thing…and they didn’t hold any of the public input or info meeting that they said they would hold during our 2 years of LAC meetings…I’d be very presently surprised if the public input was listened to and had any effect to change the draft or any proposed reg changes!
There is also public input planned on “proposed implementing regulations” during the second and third quarters of 2015 and the “FGC adoption of implementation regulations” is planned for the last quarter of 2015…Do you really think public input will effect or change the proposed regulations this late in the game??? What a fricken scam!!!

PLEASE GET INVOLVED HOOPNETTERS…IT’S REALLY TOUGH FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHTS WHEN I’M THE ONLY ONE STANDING UP FOR YOU…I NEED HELP!!!!!! Go to the DAMN meetings and SPEAK –UP!!!!.......or the Commercial and Diving interests will eat us alive! There were probably about 20 commercial guys and 8 or 10 divers in attendance and just Joe Exline and myself as hoopers.

Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
blitzburgh

Thanks Jim! I appreciate what you do and will make every effort to attend the public meetings.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
Hunters Pa

Thanks for the report, Jim.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote