Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
Hypoxic1

San Onofre powerplant area?

Hi, I was wondering if any of you had fished the kelp offshore the SAn Onofre powerplant. I ran into a guy at the MLPA meeting who was a powerboater and he told me it was a productive area. He referred to it as "something point" a name I cant recall.

I drove into the state beach park there this morning and the entry looked very user friendly.

Any constructive comments would be welcome.
Thanks
Chris Lewis
Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
h2ofishfo

just went camping @ sanonofre wed till today bigger surf but if u can time the landing youll have no probs. fished the two titties for a bunch of turd rollers couple calico's & one legal halibut all on the bounce ball w/gulp jerk shad went out to the kelp where the the sporty boats were at just to make bait for night fishing all they were cathing was bass & cudas .it was nice out there but alot of rocky bottom out there so find the sand & bounce ball it !!
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
Zed
BANNED

San Mateo point is just N of the domes and Trestles. The point at San O state beach is Old Man's.

State Beach is just N of the Domes and the kayak launch is just adjacent to them at the end of the beachfront road. In most swells there is a channel parallel to the beach to launch into then paddle a bit S to hit the channel perpendicular to the beach, to get out. It's not foolproof, but it's consistent.

All that San Clemente kelp from the pier to the Barn, S of Las Pulgas is growing real well the last couple seasons. Go get 'em.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Geoffkoop

A good area but alot a recent shark sightings out there lately
they seem to hang around the paddleboarders. Read about it at the sharkresearchcomitee website.
http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.co...shark_news.htm
Geoffkoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
buttchaser
Float Tuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffkoop View Post
A good area but alot a recent shark sightings out there lately
they seem to hang around the paddleboarders. Read about it at the sharkresearchcomitee website.
http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.co...shark_news.htm
Yup , what he said On July 22, 2009
buttchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
Matt
Support your local pangas

There are many, many reasons why you don't hang a fish over the edge of your boat and he now knows my personal #1 reason why you stow them in the hatch!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
sundog
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxic1 View Post
Hi, I was wondering if any of you had fished the kelp offshore the SAn Onofre powerplant. I ran into a guy at the MLPA meeting who was a powerboater and he told me it was a productive area. He referred to it as "something point" a name I cant recall.

I drove into the state beach park there this morning and the entry looked very user friendly.

Any constructive comments would be welcome.
Thanks
Chris Lewis
Hey brother, get it all figured out and then call me. I should have a new renter by then. Sundog
sundog is offline   Reply With Quote