Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #21
Ryan The Sealion

^yozuri is shit period... ande, p-line, and izor are great, but NOTHING comes close to maxima ultragreen... for me anyway..
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #22
wavster

I've read a lot about P-line. Are people referring to P-line flouro-carbon, or standard P-line?
wavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #23
Iceman
Administrator

I think that most are refering to P-line mono. I have used it in 6# for bass for years. I bought a spool of the P'line Flouro 30# last year to use as leader top shots and like it. I have always been a fan of Berkley Big Game, recently I changed my yoyo and surface iron reels to the new Berkley Hi-Test 30# and am liking it alot.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:47 AM   #24
Handymansd
Ancient Member

So..... to Sum things up..... I am the only one that uses strictly 50-65# P-line Spectra with a leader of Seaguar 30# Flouro. I do not like the elasticity of the monos, and hang ups seem to be much easier to get out with the Spectra. And jig's of all kinds seem to be much more responsive to the spectra than the mono. Is there a reason I am missing for the use of the Mono lines?

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #25
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymansd View Post
So..... to Sum things up..... I am the only one that uses strictly 50-65# P-line Spectra with a leader of Seaguar 30# Flouro. I do not like the elasticity of the monos, and hang ups seem to be much easier to get out with the Spectra. And jig's of all kinds seem to be much more responsive to the spectra than the mono. Is there a reason I am missing for the use of the Mono lines?
You are not the only one. Mono + kelp = lost fish.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #26
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymansd View Post
Relative to dudes who have been fishing jigs in southern cal, I haven't enough experience to really have an educated opinion about fishing the iron. But I will say that I like casting the iron on mono. Stopping the jig midflight by thumbing the spool seems to be easier, I don't like mono/spectra connections to be casted through the guides and I like not having to worry about another knot. The latter seems to be personal preference though. For live bait I prefer spectra though. This is where the spectra/flouro connection comes in handy. I can change line size, add a bead and egg sinker for a carolina rig and bust through kelp if I need to. This is the method that I have found to work for me, but what do I know, I'm a dumbass
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #27
spongebob_82

P-LINE AND SEAGUAR ARE THE ONLY LINE THAT ON ANY OF MY REELS. 100% FLOROCARBON ON MY LAKE REELS AND P-LINE ON THE OCEAN REELS. BUT IN A PINCH, THE OLD DIE HARD ANDE STANDS THE TEST OF TIME.
spongebob_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:23 PM   #28
gary sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrinkman View Post
Relative to dudes who have been fishing jigs in southern cal, I haven't enough experience to really have an educated opinion about fishing the iron. But I will say that I like casting the iron on mono. Stopping the jig midflight by thumbing the spool seems to be easier, I don't like mono/spectra connections to be casted through the guides and I like not having to worry about another knot. The latter seems to be personal preference though. For live bait I prefer spectra though. This is where the spectra/fluoro connection comes in handy. I can change line size, add a bead and egg sinker for a carolina rig and bust through kelp if I need to. This is the method that I have found to work for me, but what do I know, I'm a dumbass

I guess I'm a dumbass too as I have mono on my jig stick and spectra with a 5' fluoro leader on my trolling rods for the same reasons you do.
gary sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #29
dorado50

Your really not dumbasses, You should'nt be so hard on yourselves.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #30
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

You mean I can get down from this ledge?
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote