Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
bluesquids

Freedived Opener

Freedived S. LJ on the opener. 20 grabs, all short by a millimeter. Missed one bigger model.
Buddy got one barely legal and lost a bigger model on the way to the bag.
Way more boats out than previous years... ocean was lit up like a X-mas tree.

When swimming out I swam into some rope from a hoopnet, Before I could turn around to warn my buddy to watch out for the rope (Which BTW was too long and the buoy was not lit up) a yakker zoomed up to me saying "WTF ARE YOU DOING!!!"....I thought I was gonna get cracked on the head with a paddle....GEEZ!

Everyone I Know is into the sport of it and would not friggin poach... Give us the benefit of the doubt. FreeDivers are poking around underwater in dark 3-4 foot visibility. I can't see nets, unless I'm right on top of them and if your buoys not lit up I'm not gonna see that either, my head is underwater 95% of the time anyways. I might be diving on a ledge 10' away and not even know a net is next to me. If I do run into a net, I'm gonna make some distance from it ASAP.
If you ask me what's going on under water, I'll gladly point you to an area that looks to have a concentration of bugs.

I would be more suspicious of scuba guys, as you don't really know what they are doing down there and also kids who haven't developed strong morals yet.

Freediving for bugs is allot of work...But it is SPORT. I must of burned a couple thousand calories, because I ate like a fiend for the next 24hours. It's a sport where you challenge yourself, like a marathon for example, most guys are gonna play by the rules. Cheaters suck!
Rant Off.

Last edited by bluesquids; 09-29-2008 at 11:19 AM.
bluesquids is offline   Reply With Quote