Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
-scallywag-
Banned

South LJ - 11/17 - 11/18

I had the flu and stayed home from work the last couple days. The surf was small, i didn't have my truck and i just couldn't sit around the house all day looking at my kayak, poles and the windless sunny skys...so i made the trek down the hill to tourmo and launched there.

day one: sunny and 70, clear skies and water, no wind, light current water temp is still 62-63. I paddled strait out to the SW corner only stopping for bait which was easy to make...but only spanish in the 40-60ft kelp.
Lotsa deep bait action to the north a little in the 100-120' areas outside the kelp fished the iron for hrs with only one beefy bonita a sandbass and a couple cuda chasers. On the way in a got a bigger calico on a flylined mac.

Day two:i surfed early cause there where actually waves. I saw my buddy launching his yak while i was surfing so i ran home to get my junk... I launched at 11 as the tide was dropping, but there was still decent surf to deal with (not like launching at the pond). Same conditions as the day before. Got some bait real quick and caught up with him....shortly after i catch up to him one of his flylined spanish goes off and he reels in a short WSB!! anyway fished the rest of the day for some more boneys....i'll be bummed when they close it down (although they won't enforce it).
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
stairman

the state is broke...

so you think you won't get a 5 k fine?

my god i'm sick of the people running this state!

whats worse is the dopes that vote for the people running this state,and no i don't mean arnie he is just the white at the top of the democrat pimple.
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
PB fisher
feeesh

I like to launch from Tourmo too as it is close to home and not many people fish there.
What is happening now is totally ridiculous.
PB fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:43 AM   #4
miguelitro
Team Bad Habits

I had no idea that many people were launching over here.
I put in at law st. on a regular basis as well as surf here just about every day.
I'll have to keep my eyes open for fellow anglers in the next 20 or days we have to fish here...
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
Matt
Support your local pangas

Scallwag thanks for the post....I have a strange feeling there may be some legal wsb around too!!

the MLPA closures will not go into affect until well after the initial DFG commission meeting.....the reality of the situation is that the enforcement/implementation of the new boundaries will not come to fruition until at least 10 or so months have passed!(or so I have been led to believe, if anyone has info otherwise please post it)

PLEASE GET INVOLVED IF YOU ALREADY AREN'T!

*also please note that the enviros do read these boards so save the BS poaching comments for the inside voice, as I really don't want them to come back and haunt us!!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
-scallywag-
Banned

Even thought the water temps are still in the 61-63 range even after the recent WNW wind swells, I can now say with 100% certainty that there are schools of legal cbass in the kelp....but who's gonna be the first clown to post a pic??

Also the other night at sundown outside the nwcorner, after a very, very slow day (no bait or marks or anything), i got into a couple acre school of boilin yellows....good fishing right now if you can find'um.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote