Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
yaknewb

So is MLPA closeing lj?

I havnt herd much about this MLPA crap is lj getting closed down in july?
yaknewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
yaknewb

100 plus views and no one has a answer. Im wondering cuz im looking to get a kayak for fishing lj and if they close it were else can i go with out paddeling for hours? Also if they close it im jus gona get a basic sit on top for the bays.

The MLPA
yaknewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:16 AM   #3
Jimmyz123

At present to soonest that anyone is predicting for this to happen, IF, it happens is this time next year. There is a huge court battle going on right now, and until all the red tape gets sorted out I'm sure that this will not go into play for some time. Trust me, if this does go into play you will hear about it.

Currently the DFG Regs have listing in there stating that the closures were to happen in the spring of 2011, but those were printed up well before any of the court battles came up. I have a good source that says the earliest this could happen is December.

Many people are probably not posting info on it because there isn't anything set in stone for anyone to go on, even what I posted is rumor or speculation so don't hold me to it as being fact.
Don't let that information keep you from buying a Yak. There's still a lot of water to fish and having a yak will get you to it.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
PAL

Quote:
I havnt herd much about this MLPA crap is lj getting closed down in july?
NO!!!

Because kayak anglers dug deep and attended 100s of hours of meetings, LJ was not and will not be closed down. Look at the map below, which is posted elsewhere on the site. See all the open space? OPEN.

And for now none of it is in effect. Drop a donation on www.oceanaccessprotectionfund.org - all of the money goes to the legal effort - and maybe it'll never happen.

PAL is offline   Reply With Quote