Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #101
Fishwhisperer619

The way i see it, if we let all of these stories keep spreading, we can keep more people off the water and it'll all be for us!. So now the whole socal coast is toxic and everyone should stay away
Fishwhisperer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #102
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Guys, get a life and quit posting this dumb crap.
I hear that.

I used to make fun of political blogs and the various ways they misinform the partisan extremists in order to sway elections. My take was that this would eventually cause a reality gap where the people who believed the total crap these sites put out would eventually come across as misinformed idiots, and as a result marginalize themselves. In that light is seems we now have a whole other set of false news sources that are pandering to the general public that make those blogs look like the New York Times.

Upworthy, USAHITMAN, WorldtruthTV, Viralnova, freedomshammer, (just to name a few posted on facebook this morning) along with hundreds of these non-news drama source sites are putting out total nonsense. Cutting and pasting together plagiarized material and made up trash to create a truthy mix of facts and fiction to create hits through direct misinformation.

The result is a wildly misinformed public that believes all kinds of insane bullshit.

At best this is just pure greed. Obviously the people behind these sites make money spreading this misinformation. At worst these sites could be well be funded by business interests that would benefit by a dumbed down, scientifically illiterate population, that's less concerned with the realities like day to day pollution, and completely obsessed about useless well hyped fictions.

The truth is London is closer to California then Fukushima. The Pacific is roughly half the size of the planet on the surface and holds almost 2/3rds of the earths water in its depths.

People are saying up to a million gallons of radioactive water has reached Pacific due to Fukushima. Sounds like a lot, but to put that in perspective Irvine lake holds someothing like 35 million gallons of water.

Go to google maps and search out Irvine lake. It's the biggest reservoir in it's county, and it's a decent size. Now zoom out and see how big it is compared to So. Cal or even Catalina, the whole state of California, even the US, and now zoom all the way out and see how big it is compared to the whole Pacific Ocean. Grain of sand on a beach comes to mind.

That may give you some perspective, but that's only looking at the surface area and it doesn't show the tremendous depth of the majority of the Pacific.

If someone really believes that Fukushima has contaminated 2/3rds of the planets water to the point it's toxic enough to make our California fish contaminated. I'd suggest they go to Idaho, dig a big hole in the ground, construct a Doomsday bunker, and crawl in it.

Quite simply it'd be the end of the world. The day 2/3rds the planets water is too toxic to fish from, is the day we're doomed and humanity is done.

Speaking of digging holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluts View Post
I went to all the other world news agencies
Impressive!!! I admit I have not looked at ALL the news sources in relation to this and even if I had ALL the time in the world probably never could.

Who needs quality when there is quantity.

Quote:
any american news is shut out for some reason
No doubt it's a big conspiracy. Damned scientists are always so sneaky.

Quote:
Japanese dont know what to do with three reactors
Yet they are so good at making electronic devices, toys, and have some experience with radioactive problems .

Quote:
So water it down has been the answer
Cooling with water... who could of seen that coming?

Quote:
With the northern hemisphere ocean currents moving clockwise,The predictions were that the majority of iodine cesium and tritium ingested by the foodchain,should reach the west coast by 2014.Then we can check and see just how bad it is for the west coast......Any further mishaps with the 1500 spent fuel rod removal from reactor no.4 will be the biggest radiation fire the planet has ever seen.....
Thankyou for that impressive in depth analyses. I'm amazed by how you've taking such a complicated situation and boiled it down (no doubt with water) to it's most simplistic of terms.

Quote:
Me?Im watching closely
Thank God for that. Glad you've found such a productive use of you time, and I must say I've always been impressed at your tinacity when it comes to keeping the population informed about disturbing socially realtive subjects and injustices. I'm sure you'll keep posting about this for years to come and keep us all richly informed. Thanks for That!!
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #103
jruiz
Large Member

You should of seen the dump I took this morning. It was easily 5 tetrabecquerels.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #104
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
You should of seen the dump I took this morning. It was easily 5 tetrabecquerels.
You need to borrow a front end loader? Or a back end unloader?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #105
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post

Now that sounds toxic!!! I just hope you were not kayaking or you might of tainted the whole Pacific.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #106
monkeyfishturds

Drake, this is a discussion worth having. Thanks for posting it.

jorluivil, after almost 4000 posts, i'm surprised your telling everyone to STFU.

Fiskadoro, try not hating. You'll be a better man for it.

This is terrible, nothing good can come from this pollution. Please don't hate me for having an opinion.
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #107
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post

jorluivil, after almost 4000 posts, i'm surprised your telling everyone to STFU.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #108
bubblehide

Quote:
Drake, this is a discussion worth having. Thanks for posting it.

Fiskadoro, try not hating. You'll be a better man for it.

This is terrible, nothing good can come from this pollution. Please don't hate me for having an opinion.

No brother no, it's like being at the launch, you need to show the love!
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #109
Fiskadoro

Quote:
jorluivil, after almost 4000 posts, i'm surprised your telling everyone to STFU...... try not hating. You'll be a better man for it.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #110
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

No matter, where you come from. How much you love your secret honey hole. No matter how much you tried to protect your secret area.

The water is being contaminated, to what extent?

Lets just say when we start running more test on fish, as the contamination continues. California of Fish and Wildlife might just be called:

California Department of Contaminated Fish and WIldlife.

Or California is going to raise the acceptable level once again for Nuclear contamination.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 11-25-2013 at 07:21 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #111
Drake

Wait...you guys are still talking about this shit?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #112
Dannowar

Proud to have never posted in this thread

Wait

Dammit
Old 11-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #113
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Wait...you guys are still talking about this shit?

I guess I'm not the only one wondering Why It's still going on.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #114
Jimmyz123

Life's too short to worry about this all the time, we're all going to die someday whether it's from stuff that we eat, or just the way life is, it's going to happen.

Eat up!

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #115
wbrewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Glad I am wearing my waders, easier to get rid of the BS. Dead sea lions, wonder if they make good lobster bait?
Just think ,radiated lobsters growing to 10 to 40 lb. We will need bigger hoop nets.

I am too old to worry about this.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #116
StinkyMatt

I once wore a pair of socks that had holes in them. On the big toe!

After a few hours of wearing these socks I changed them.

(Completely useless info above, just like the "research" posted earlier in the post)

A serious discussion based on facts is worth having. A bunch of Internet crap posted under the guise of data is useless. Just because you heard it or read it somewhere does not make it factual.

Frank, you should know better by now.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #117
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

California Department of Toxic Fish and Wildlife

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #118
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
No matter, where you come from. How much you love your secret honey hole. No matter how much you tried to protect your secret area.

No Radiation in Malibu!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #119
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrewski View Post
Just think ,radiated lobsters growing to 10 to 40 lb. We will need bigger hoop nets.

I am too old to worry about this.

Alpha area off of San Nick still has 40 pounders, well they sure did the last time I was there. But that spot is by invitation only now; and you have to be a fitted member of the club. Brewski, weren't you once a member? On a side note, I would be surprised if radiation from all those tubes heading out to sea was the cause of those lobster getting so darn large.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #120
easyday

I hunt bigfoot.....