Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

HUGE Thanks to OEX

I wanted a new paddle since my old aluminum one was too heavy and inefficient so i went on kayakfishingsupplies.com and i looked through the new awesome looking website and found this paddle i liked. So i placed my order and not to go over budget i chose the store pick-up option. Well I got an email today from Brent in oex mission bay and he said the paddle i want is not stocked in oex sunset beach and since my adress was in LA, he offered to ship it to me for free!!! I cant think of any other store that would have took their time to do this you can only get this kind of service from OEX!!!! Thanks Brent for shipping it out and thanks Andy for helping me find the right paddle!!!! You guys rock!!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Redeyejedi

awsome!!

Redeyejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
t.n.hughes
Junior

Great service is a treat. Can't wait to spend some dough with these guys.
t.n.hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
janines.fishtales@cox.net

OEX

I have dealt with OEX about 4 times now. I have NEVER been unhappy, in fact, I have been amazed at the quality of customer service there. Good customer service is truly a lost art but they got it down at OEX.

By the way, what paddle did you get? I was also looking at the new store site because I need a paddle and a PFD. Any suggestions on a PFD? I have a bulky cheap one I bought from West Marine (bad customer service...) and it is very uncomfortable to wear.

Thanks for the advice,

Janine
Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
Redeyejedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.n.hughes View Post
Great service is a treat. Can't wait to spend some dough with these guys.
me too!!
the squidco guys are great too, and also geartrak and kfs.

all hail great service!
Redeyejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net View Post
I have dealt with OEX about 4 times now. I have NEVER been unhappy, in fact, I have been amazed at the quality of customer service there. Good customer service is truly a lost art but they got it down at OEX.

By the way, what paddle did you get? I was also looking at the new store site because I need a paddle and a PFD. Any suggestions on a PFD? I have a bulky cheap one I bought from West Marine (bad customer service...) and it is very uncomfortable to wear.

Thanks for the advice,

Janine
I got the Aqua bound Manta Ray carbon, im a high angle paddler though and this is a high angle paddle. Other great choices are the werner tybee, aqua bound eagle ray, and aqua bound sting ray. Their all in the 150$ price range and seem to be great paddles.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net View Post

Thanks for the advice,

Janine
Don't forget that OEX also carries pfd's that are made for kayak fishing.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggameaddict View Post
I wanted a new paddle since my old aluminum one was too heavy and inefficient so i went on kayakfishingsupplies.com and i looked through the new awesome looking website and found this paddle i liked. So i placed my order and not to go over budget i chose the store pick-up option. Well I got an email today from Brent in oex mission bay and he said the paddle i want is not stocked in oex sunset beach and since my adress was in LA, he offered to ship it to me for free!!! I cant think of any other store that would have took their time to do this you can only get this kind of service from OEX!!!! Thanks Brent for shipping it out and thanks Andy for helping me find the right paddle!!!! You guys rock!!!!
That's why I made my decision to buy my Outback from OEX SSB.I HAD A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT I WANTED BUT "Andy" took the time to point out some accessories, like the gear track system to mount my GoPro on and other "toys"
I could eventually add on as time goes by and it's versatility to work with Scotty mounts and Ram accessories. and from everything I've read on this forum his work is impeccable, NO ONE does better work.
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote