Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
Fish

Looking for a kayak on a budget

Hi, Im looking for a fishing kayak been on the forums for a while and finally have space to store one ...however i dont make much money am looking for something around 2-300 bucks something a bit bigger than a scrambler if possible.

i dont know if anything on here goes for that price but am looking for something to start fishing the lakes and also take out to newport bay.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any good deals for a starting kayaker!

Btw i am in the riverside area.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Hi, Im looking for a fishing kayak been on the forums for a while and finally have space to store one ...however i dont make much money am looking for something around 2-300 bucks something a bit bigger than a scrambler if possible.

i dont know if anything on here goes for that price but am looking for something to start fishing the lakes and also take out to newport bay.

Might takea bit to find something in that price range but I suggest you check out the online store. Oex which is the shop that provides this site for use has really good deals on blem model Malibus. If you are willing to spend another 100 you can get an extreme or mini X and pick up from one of their stores.
http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...s-BLEMS/Detail

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:19 AM   #3
Sdspeed

Quote:

This one is still posted, maybe a good fit for your budget?
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/4246444988.html
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:41 AM   #4
mrJB

That kayak is toast. Be patient and something will show up. If possible, take a kayak friend to look at any prospects. He should have a better idea on what to check out and possible areas of wear (scupper drains, etc).

For another option, Newport Harbor periodically has auctions on found boats. I've gone to advise friends and they've gotten good deals...
Old 02-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
buddha

Quote:

The Scrambler XT is better than the regular Scrambler and is an angler version. It is much more stable and a nice kayak. Those can usually be had used at a very good price.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:51 AM   #6
Angh
Junior

I would highly recommend buying a blem for a budget kayak. It saves an incredible amount of money and it is hardly noticeable. I just picked up a stealth 14 and it was more than half off! www.kayakfishingsupplies.com
Angh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #7
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angh View Post
I would highly recommend buying a blem for a budget kayak. It saves an incredible amount of money and it is hardly noticeable. I just picked up a stealth 14 and it was more than half off! www.kayakfishingsupplies.com
Yeah seriously. If there is one piece of advice I could give is don't buy cheap stuff that might not suit your needs, just because the price is right. If you save up a bit you can get a kayak you can really be happy in. I'd say 500-600 would be a more reasonable goal. You will probably find one on here fully rigged with paddle and seat

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #8
Fish

Thanks for the replys guys ...maybe i should wait a while longer and save up some more cash ...might aswell get something i like ...

Last edited by Fish; 02-07-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
Yeah seriously. If there is one piece of advice I could give is don't buy cheap stuff that might not suit your needs, just because the price is right. If you save up a bit you can get a kayak you can really be happy in. I'd say 500-600 would be a more reasonable goal. You will probably find one on here fully rigged with paddle and seat
ive seen some really good deals on here before, 500 ish probably a good place to get to before looking , hopefully soon i just am aching to get out there hehe
Old 02-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #10
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
Might takea bit to find something in that price range but I suggest you check out the online store. Oex which is the shop that provides this site for use has really good deals on blem model Malibus. If you are willing to spend another 100 you can get an extreme or mini X and pick up from one of their stores.
http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...s-BLEMS/Detail
You can't go wrong with this advise. I agree with William X3. Tight lines
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
kiyo21

Trident 13

Pm me lets negotiate
kiyo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #12
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyo21 View Post
Pm me lets negotiate
PM'd
Old 02-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #13
Cbad Mike

NOT MINE BUT COULD BE A GOOD DEAL WITH EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT AND A LITTLE NEGOTIATION.
FOUND ON SD CRAIGSLIST.

Cobra Navigator Kayak rigged for fishing - $550 (san marcos)

I have a cobra navigator kayak in good condition, water tight, and rigged for fishing. I used this kayak to go spearfishing and is very easy and stable to dive off of. I rigged it with a fish finder, bungees, and pole holders.

the kayak will come with 2 paddles, a life vest, the fish finder with battery, and a kayak cart.

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4297729296
posted:
updated:
email to friend
♥ best of

Old 02-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #14
Fish

just found this pretty near where i live ...its still available what do you guys think ...its a 12 footer no idea what brand tho ..

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/4318310030.html
Old 02-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #15
Fish

also comes with paddle , going to check itout on monday...looks like i may have found a deal!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #16
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Patience pays off

I agree with the above and save for what you want. I had been wanting to get into this sport for almost 2 years. I knew what I wanted and didn't want to settle. It took for what seemed like forever, (every little bit of two years), but I was finally able to get what I wanted. Pricey, but well worth the wait. In the mean time, I float tubed, took cattle boats, hit the shore, etc. to get my fix. I put a picture of my dream kayak above my computer monitors in my cube to motivate me. Got the same one, brand new, even same color.
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #17
Hunters Pa

Quote:
just found this pretty near where i live ...its still available what do you guys think ...its a 12 footer no idea what brand tho ..

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/4318310030.html

Cobra?

Custom paint?

Don't jump in. Paddle a couple and save up a bit. Otherwise you will end up selling it and getting what you really wanted. If you see something on here you like, offer up something in trade as well. You never know.

Wish you would have been shopping a couple weeks ago.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #18
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Cobra?

Custom paint?

Don't jump in. Paddle a couple and save up a bit. Otherwise you will end up selling it and getting what you really wanted. If you see something on here you like, offer up something in trade as well. You never know.

Wish you would have been shopping a couple weeks ago.
You do have a good point..yea the paint thing is kinda strange but im going to check it out anyways its pretty close to where I live and 200 bucks is pretty much right up my alley...been aching bad to go out to perris lake and newport, its kind of a sanity thing at this point lol

I like that it comes with a depth finder/paddle/seat and some other accesories...i already have tons of fishing gear and also life jackets and a crate and pvc rod holders.

I was also putting into consideration that even if i decide to get a different kayak i have a friend that wants to get into it, i can either give it or sell it for very cheap to him so then i can have partner to go with.

But all in all im going to take a look at it ...if it seems to be kind of a junker then I will pass and save up.

I really appreciate all the feed back from you all!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #19
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Hey for $200 it's worth taking a look at. Just make sure it isn't cracking and showing signs of sun damage. The last thing you want to do is throw $200 away that could go towards a nicer yak.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
svendawg

painted

There may be a reason it is painted. Might be hiding something. If your gonna buy it have the guy fill it with water half way to make sure she's water tight.
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote