Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 06:46 AM   #1
steveooo

7/13 P.M.

Made the drive from L.A. after work, one minor fender bender on the way down, no big deal on the water by 4. Cake launch, warm water, not too much wind. Saw 4 yellow rats landed, 2 by a p.b. 2 by one yakker. I had a little trouble making bait but scraped together 2 spanish, one mackzilla. Headed out with the 2 spanish pinned on. Highlight of the night for me was hooking into a 80-100 lb mako. Took line faster than anything I have ever seen, and jumped sometimes almost 10 feet out of the water during the 5 minutes I had him on. He jumped probably 20 times during the fight, awesome experience to see! I got him on my heavy string so I actually got him to within 20 yards of the boat before my f'ing knot broke. He was still VERY fresh when he was that close so I was almost a little relieved when he came off. Im not sure I want a 100 lb toothy critter that is still green in the boat with me...
Other highlight for me was a cuda-saurus that was over 10 lbs, thought yellow for a minute, even at first color but ended up being just a big ass cuda. Landed 3 other cuda, all on the iron, between 4-6 lbs.
Was thankful the surf was small as I got back to the launch, made my first ever landing in the dark. 8)
Was a little disapointed that there were no yellers for me but it was great to be back on the water and get to pull on at least something.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Dan

Way to go Capt. Canook! Next time for the right kind.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

The little yt were out. I got 2, one on a spanish one on a greenie. About 10# each on the yt. Lots of cudas, checkers, and bones everywhere.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #4
Dennis

I was out yesterday pm... for a short time anyway. Chatted with Ken for a little bit on the beach.. I kinda knew it wasn't going to be a good day. I was tired, I forgot my sandals (got my feet burned), parking sucked... And to top it off while on the fishing grounds my eyes started burning from the sunblock... ... Oh well, made up for it this morning though .
-Dennis
Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #5
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohloe1
Oh well, made up for it this morning though
-Dennis
bout damn time! :shock:
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Re: 7/13 P.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo
thought yellow for a minute, even at first color but ended up being just a big ass cuda.
I thought the same last saturday....I had an 8# cuda last saturday...when I looked down I saw a yellowish forked tail.....then the toothy head came around and was a little dissapointed....I hate the toothy head :lol:
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #7
steveooo

Re: 7/13 P.M.

Tyler, now I recognize your yak, that was me hooting and hollaring next to you as you landed the first of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrinkman
I hate the toothy head :lol:
I usually ask her to take out the dentures first... :shock:
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote