Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

GO PRO USERS ????

Having an issue with my Hero II, Short story, the camera locked up after trying to update the firmware. Go Pro will not warranty it because it's 7 months 4 days out of warranty. I've literally shot maybe a dozen videos on it. Has anyone had issues like this and has anyone had any luck climbing the food chain to get something like this resolved?
Or do I just accept it and get a new one.
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
ccacher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMFISH View Post
Having an issue with my Hero II, Short story, the camera locked up after trying to update the firmware. Go Pro will not warranty it because it's 7 months 4 days out of warranty. I've literally shot maybe a dozen videos on it. Has anyone had issues like this and has anyone had any luck climbing the food chain to get something like this resolved?
Or do I just accept it and get a new one.
Which firmware did you update to? I have a 2 and haven't updated it in a while so I'm not sure what firmware they have come out with. Based on what I've read online it says v70 is the safest while people are having issues with the newer one. There are ways to revert back to your old v70 firmware though...
Old 08-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

I updated to v222, according to what I've found it SUCKS! They call it a soft brick lockup. Tried numerous suggestions off the internet forums and nothing. Go Pro claims that if you try to downgrade it WILL break the camera. Yet guys on the Go Pro forums seem to be getting it to work.
If any GoPro guru's out there have any input, Please help a brother out.
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Drake

What did you purchase it with?

If it was with a major credit card, you may qualify for the double warranty protection that comes with most cards.

Master Card
http://www.mastercard.us/card-benefits/
EXTENDED WARRANTY

Doubles the original manufacturer's or store brand warranty for up to one year when you pay with your eligible MasterCard card.

American Express
http://creditcardforum.com/blog/amer...nded-warranty/
A number of premium credit cards these days come with an extended warranty program for your purchases. AmEx offers it on all their cards issued in the US. If something breaks down after the warranty is up, this benefit can really save your butt!

How To File An AmEx Extended Warranty Claim?
Contact American Express at the number on the back of your card (or the direct line for the extended warranty dept at 1-800-225-3750) to begin the claim process and find out exactly what you need to do.
Here is some documentation you might have to provide:
Copy of manufacturer’s warranty
Original itemized store receipt
Copy of AmEx billing statement which shows the charge
Service contract
Repair estimate

Visa
http://usa.visa.com/signature/alaska...ty-manager.jsp
Warranty Manager Service

Protect and manage your purchases

Visa Signature cardholders can register a product and extend a manufacturer's warranty. One convenient service makes it quick and easy.