Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #21
momo fish

I'll wait to see if Kevin is going to share the whole story..

Probably the funniest part is his buddies board shorts coming off as he tried to hang on to the kayak after he fell off while being towed by the jet ski..

There has got to be more " I almost died stories" with all the noobs that joined in the last year...
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #22
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Wait a minute...wait a minute....!

I didn't hear the ol' Silbaugh story.....kayak twirling in the air? No shit?

You want to retell this one from the top? Was he too embarrassed to tell this one?
Yeah, he retired from the kayak!! I felt horrible, but at least he's still calling me to fish. Poor dude lost his whole bag, and least the pole he kept onto, but also lost the rod holder.

I said "f**K it, I'm paddlin the whole way back". I did, but like Mo said, it took like 3 hours (stopped multiple times to pump water out of my yak as I was sinking with waves breaking in my lap). Crazy day, but hey, at least nobody was shooting at us!! Gotta be thankful for that!

Old 02-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #23
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
I'll wait to see if Kevin is going to share the whole story..

Probably the funniest part is his buddies board shorts coming off as he tried to hang on to the kayak after he fell off while being towed by the jet ski..

There has got to be more " I almost died stories" with all the noobs that joined in the last year...
You must've saw more than me than Mo. All I know is it started to get hairy around 9am, and we were heading back. After an hour of fighting the swell and not even to the bend, a lifeguard on a jetski shows up and asks if we want a tow. My buddy said "Hell Yeah" and I said I didn't. After about 25 minutes or so later, I couldn't even see where they were they were. I never saw him wipe out but he told me about it when I got back to the beach. I knew Jaime and John were headed back and Jaime hitched a ride on the shrimp boat. John and everyone else peddled back.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #24
momo fish

Yup, me and John made it back but it wasn't easy.. I wish I had a GoPro cause that would have been some classic footage right there..
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:19 AM   #25
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
COME-ON BOYS!!!

Who is going to post this weeks 'I ALMOST DIED AT LJ' story??!!
Wait a minute...I KNOW...You're not talking...about me, MF.

A few years back, when I had the BHR (Blue Holy Roller), I stooped pretty low and received a tow...Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment[1].jpg (140.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg attachment[6].jpg (93.8 KB, 101 views)
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:47 AM   #26
octico

Looking back we should have never gone out that day. It was fine at first but as soon as the wind picked up all hell broke loss. We were peddling as hard as we could. Going forward we averaging 1.6 knots, but if you stopped peddling you were going backwards at least 3 knots. Biggest swells I have ever seen, it was like rolling down a steep and trying to peddle up the next one.

Mo and I were dog tired when we got back to the canyon. I cracked open a beer the CG flies by towing Silbaugh's friend. It was some scary shit that day.

I give some huge props to Silbaugh he was out there in that muck for hours. We were on shore waiting long time, eventually he did make it back on his own.

Last edited by octico; 02-12-2016 at 08:02 AM.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #27
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
Looking back we should have never gone out that day. It was fine at first but as soon as the wind picked up all hell broke loss. We were peddling as hard as we could. Going forward we averaging 1.6 knots, but if you stopped peddling you were going backwards at least 3 knots. Biggest swells I have ever seen, it was like rolling down a steep and trying to peddle up the next one.

Mo and I were dog tired when we got back to the canyon. I cracked open a beer the CG flies by towing Silbaugh's friend. It was some scary shit that day.

I give some huge props to Silbaugh he was out there in that muck for hours. We were on shore waiting long time, eventually he did make it back on his own.
I think that day caught most of us by surprise. I think only Greg Andrew was the only one that scored on the yellows as he got out much earlier than us (early bird gets the worm!).