Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 12-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #41
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Current plan is to leave the 28th and cross the border just before sunrise... get FMM visas... and head to Asunción bay. Spend the night at Shari's and fish Asunción island in the morning (calicos and YT), and maybe the beach to the north in the evening(Corbina and halibut)
Spend one more night in luxury, and then leave the next morning for Abreojos. Fish La Bocana and coyote estuaries, and maybe the inshore reefs. Hoping for some corvina and broomtail grouper. Next morning leave to Adolfo Lopez Mateos and set up camp north of town.
No plans after this except lots of stories and hopefully some good pics to back them up.

Rossman, wish you were going to be there, would love to fish with you sometime!

Here is my progress so far:

I'll post a photo of my rig once we are all loaded up. I think we may try to put three kayaks in a pyramid formation :/. Hope it works...
BREW, I load two yaks on top FIRST with rods and tackle inside them. Then load the back of the truck to the height of the gunnel. Third kayak then slides forward just short of back window and a sling attatches it to the underside of the REAR rack. Back (stern} is higher then bow. Tie yak so it cannot slide forward and hit back window. Load rest of stuff around yak and tie it all tighther. STUFF likes to JUMP out the back and you never see it leave, its just gone. That has included sleeping pads, camprite, tent, fishing rods, and food, So take the time to tie it in. We traveled off road this way and it works if you have a good rack. Waiting to hear YOUR report. Tight Lines and Happy Holidays.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #42
Ojos_raros

Good to see a trip planned to Mag Bay!! We drove there once and loved it. the town is very small. definitely plan on camping!! not a lot to do but lots of fishing in the mangroves and offshore too!!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment -Buddha
Ojos_raros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:22 AM   #43
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Drats! Sorry I'm going to miss you guys. I will have my GPS powered up today or tomorrow and I will message you some numbers. In general, the east side of Isla Asuncion has been good for yellows since Labor Day. Work the 90 to 120 ft contour along that side of the island and you'll probably run into some. Lots of calico in the same area. 5 to 75 ft on the reefs and boilers. Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Current plan is to leave the 28th and cross the border just before sunrise... get FMM visas... and head to Asunción bay. Spend the night at Shari's and fish Asunción island in the morning (calicos and YT), and maybe the beach to the north in the evening(Corbina and halibut)
Spend one more night in luxury, and then leave the next morning for Abreojos. Fish La Bocana and coyote estuaries, and maybe the inshore reefs. Hoping for some corvina and broomtail grouper. Next morning leave to Adolfo Lopez Mateos and set up camp north of town.
No plans after this except lots of stories and hopefully some good pics to back them up.

Rossman, wish you were going to be there, would love to fish with you sometime!

Here is my progress so far:

I'll post a photo of my rig once we are all loaded up. I think we may try to put three kayaks in a pyramid formation :/. Hope it works...
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote