Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 07-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
paulkwchoi
Junior

Tips for a newbie

Hello All,

I've decided to get into kayak fishing a while back but finally got the gears ready! I'm going to be launching out of white point this coming week, can you guys generously shoot me some coordinates nearby to fish for bait and game?? Is it true that yellow tails show up in Palos Verdes?
Where would be a good spot to target WSB?
Any tips on targeting WSB?

Thank you very much in advance?
If any one would like to fish together please leave a comment or shoot me a msg!
paulkwchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/index.php?page=wsb
Old 07-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
tacmik

Your best bet is to fish that large body of salt water located west of Palm Springs. That said. Nobody is going to shoot you their coordinates that they have spent years of paddling and fishing to cultivate. Your best bet is to do your research in this and other forums to gather bits and pieces of information, put them together, go out into the ocean and fish. You have to put time on the water. You might also, after putting some time in, hire a guide. I say after putting some time in so you have some clue as to how to handle a yak and not make a complete fool of yourself. Also before going out in the open ocean, take the yak out in the bay and practice. Practice handling your equipment, (rods reels nets gaff tackle ect) get a feel for where you want each piece of equipment placed on the yak. How to access everything. Practice self rescues with pfd on. take the yak out in the surf with no equipment to learn how to launch and come in thru surf. Wear your PFD. Most yak fishermen you will meet, are more than willing to talk with you about equipment, techniques ect. They may even be more than willing to let you tag along. Just don't expect them to just hand over their secret spots.