Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
fishinkid2010

Rainshadow RX8+C865

Thought I'd share my latest build, I have quite a few more in the works, but this is the first one that was completely done and ready for pictures.

Mr. Batson of Batson Enterprises (Rainshadow) was extremely generous and agreed to sponsor my fishing partner and I on Baylor University's Collegiate bass fishing team.
One of the blanks he sent me was a Rainshadow RX8+C865, and without question, this is THE NICEST rod I own. I have quite a few high end rods, but they all pale in comparison. This rod is light as a feather and I'll have no problem casting this all day long in our tournaments.
Mr. Hansen with Batson Enterprises helped me with the choice of parts. I went with the Forcast micro guides and the carbon fiber split grip.
The carbon fiber split grip is the COOLEST handle I have ever seen on a bass rod. It is extremely light, and didn't take much longer than a normal cork handle to install. I used a Forcast drop shot hook keeper, and finished it off with the Texas state flag. I think it completes it, don't you?

I was trying to make the rod as light as possible, and therefore avoided doing any fancy cross wrap that would add to weight.

I also used Bullard's Diamond II finish on this rod, I am extremely impressed with it. It had a long pot life, and mixed up very easily. There were very few bubbles, and it went on smooth. The end result looks like glass.
I also used Bullard's gold metallic thread. This thread was so much easier to work with than the other metallics I have. The foil coating does not come off as easily or fray like the foil wrapped thread like Gudebrod.

Over all I am extremely happy with this rod, I can see that the quality of my rod building has improved drastically.

fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote