Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2016, 06:50 AM   #21
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpangdang View Post
A lot of great tips...thx for the feedback. I have yet to make it to squidco so I'll pick up some burlap sacks while I'm there. Maybe a kill bag one day but I need to catch some fish first to justify the cost. I have an old padded surfboard case I got back in the day for free...retchid looking but it looks waterproof and it is insulated. Might cut it up and convert it later into a kill bag. Not sure how kill bags are made insulation wise.

The tips on the icing the fish for 24hrs was helpful as well to include the defrosting methods.

The surfboard bag seems like it would work. Worth a shot. Maybe try throwing some ice in it before you cut it so see how long it holds ice. When you cut it, it should hold ice longer due to a more confined space for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:39 AM   #22
YakDout
Brandon

If you guys dont know about it already, check out AM1090 radio saturday and sunday morning from 7am-9am. Lets talk hookup a dedicated fishing show that is great. Special guest a couple weeks ago was someone from fishermans processing. Tons of great info given out.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:13 AM   #23
taggermike

Looks like you have the plan n plenty of good advice also. Personally I never leave fish on the deck longer than I have to. Bled and under the hatch. There are enough smart sea lions out in so cal that I see this as an easy basic precaution. Saw many, but I had no trouble with the hammer heads we had around last summer. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #24
pingpangdang

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
Looks like you have the plan n plenty of good advice also. Personally I never leave fish on the deck longer than I have to. Bled and under the hatch. There are enough smart sea lions out in so cal that I see this as an easy basic precaution. Saw many, but I had no trouble with the hammer heads we had around last summer. Mike
I'll keep that in mind about the dogs. I'm good w/ the HH unless they get to the 15' range like those ones in Florida eating tarpon. I always felt like I could just stiff arm one of those to stay away from the chompers but I'm sure I'd still be a rag doll once all that weight starts shaking around. I saw a youtube video the other day of a guy in a yak w/ a small HH trailing him etc Followed him all the way in. As long as I can keep cool and just stay in my yak even while bumped I should be GTG.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #25
Jacurley45

Now I'm wondering if there's a way to insulated the front hatch of revo to work as a cooler?
Jacurley45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:30 PM   #26
FARRIER

My revo gets hot inside during the sunmertime.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:41 AM   #27
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacurley45 View Post
Now I'm wondering if there's a way to insulated the front hatch of revo to work as a cooler?
I am working on something for my front hatch on my Outback. I will post later with an update.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:52 AM   #28
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
I am working on something for my front hatch on my Outback. I will post later with an update.

Nice, Id like to see what you come up with.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:38 PM   #29
Jacurley45

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
Nice, Id like to see what you come up with.

Same here
Jacurley45 is offline   Reply With Quote