Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
robmandel

Wounded Warriors, DP 7/23

Hey guys, next saturday, July 23rd, at 8AM. I'm helping to organize a kayak fishing day for Wounded Warriors at Dana Point. These guys are combat vets from Iraq and Afghanistan and it's a great way to say thanks.

Food will be provided and free kayak launch for all attending.

They'll need kayaks (obviously) as well as the accessories and probably some tackle as well. Please post up if you can make it and what (extra) you can bring.

This is a great way for us to say thanks. Hope to see lots of you guys there.

Kayaks and access.
Rob Mandel - prowler 13, trident 15

tackle
Rob Mandel
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
WahooUSMA

Hey Rob,

I have been talking with Curtis (prokayakhunter) on BD....I will bring the Revo and maybe a Trident. Thanks for helping with a great cause!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

Rob thank you!, let's add people guiding on the water. I will bring the balance of kayaks needed. I can carry 8 easily......more not so easily! Steve (Landwhale) has volunteered to help with me.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
mtnbykr2

I am in Colorado next week, and I am in Newbury Park, let me know if I can help with tackle
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
YakMedic

I'll be there to help with whatever is needed on the water. I'm bringing a couple extra setups and plastics for about six people.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Lets_Fish

Rob,

I contacted Ryan (aka Phatford) yesterday about helping out. We are carpooling from Elsinore area. I'll be bringing a few extra rods and terminal gear. I also contacted someone from Bass Pro to see about some tackle donations. Just waiting back to hear from them. Also checking in on some additional donations from Sav-On Tackle through my brother.

Here is the post from yesterday http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=10876

PM me for any info or details you have for the help.

Robert
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
lamb

very cool Rob
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
robmandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
Hey Rob,

I have been talking with Curtis (prokayakhunter) on BD....I will bring the Revo and maybe a Trident. Thanks for helping with a great cause!
he's the guy I am coordinating through. found him on BD when he posted a need for some jigs for a WW fishing trip and I hooked him up with a bunch of jigs I poured and painted, plus a whole bunch of blanks.

thought a kayak day would be a great event and he got the ball rolling.

Andy, Curtis told me you were gonna bring some kayaks down. Thank You!!!

Looking forward to the day. should be a blast.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #9
re8elmonk0341

Thank you

I just wanted to say a BIG thank you and God bless to all of y'all for helping out. I'm a patient with WWBn and in charge of the fishing club and will be there this Sat. The guys can't wait. They don't believe that people catch shark and huge halibut of those things. Again, thanks for everything guys/gals.

-Rithy
Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
WahooUSMA

Forms

Rob, I received the forms from Curtis last night. I will try and get an early EOW today and swing by BP. If not, I will have to do it tomorrow. Let me know if that will work?

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
FLORIDA BOY!

I won't be able to make it there sat. is there any one in the O.C. area that I can drop some items off to on friday? Or someone I can contact to see what is needed. Hope I can help out, Mike 714-883-3228
FLORIDA BOY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA BOY! View Post
I won't be able to make it there sat. is there any one in the O.C. area that I can drop some items off to on friday? Or someone I can contact to see what is needed. Hope I can help out, Mike 714-883-3228
Mike i live in San Juan Capistrano and will be attending Saturday if you cant find anyone closer to anaheim to leave your donations with and wanna drop them here. Let me know and ill PM ya my address
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #13
robmandel

just a reminder!!

Saturday 7/23 8AM Dana Point Yacht Club. Parking is taken care of and there'll be lots of food available too. (curtis emailed me and told me he took of those things)

If you can bring an extra yak, and I know many of you have volunteered, great. If you don't have an extra, you can still help out on the water guiding and what not. if you can bring some extra gear for the guys, that'd be great too.

There's good fishing down there right now, so why not just fish down there instead. there's reports of cuda and wsb, not to mention the usual bunch of fishies that we chase.

thanks all, let's make this a great day for them. they deserve at least that much.

here's directions from san diego

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sa...mra=ls&t=h&z=9
Old 07-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #14
crabkracker
Junior

Just posted an invite on another site to fish DP tomorrow, then saw this thread. Very cool Rob. Don't have an extra yak, currently, but I'll bring some extra stuff (bait, gear, etc...) I'm launching earlier, but I can help guide. See u guys on the water. Will be on a yellow pro2 by the headlands. Be on ch 72, if I get the VHF working.
crabkracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:29 AM   #15
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

See you guys out there... I will be the guy with the camera, 101st T-shirt, and a smile! Say Hi, my name is Ryan...
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote