Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

12/20 LJ snoozefest

Nothing going on to risk Big Wednesday. Very birdy for the first hour. Saw alot of anchovy. Next to no current. I ended the morning dropping 250 feet and picked up a few micro starries, glad I was not skunked :roll: Arne and Brad were still at it, so maybe it was a 10AM bite, I bailed around 9AM.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
Dennis

Thanks, Andy. I'm thinking about going up tomorrow. How was the launch?
-Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

Dennis, easy in and out for me, 1 footers, short interval. Good luck, if ya venture out tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
Arne

Nothin' doin' for me. Got on top of BSB1 (MadBrad's guaranteed BSB spot) with a live squirt and almost instantly hooked up. Big momma proceeded to take my already-ailing left shoulder out on a 20-30 minute fight that ended with the hook pulling just before it got to color.

Like glass out there today. Brad was heading up north when I left.

Arne
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:38 PM   #5
vellocity

went surfing this morning... and with binos from land i watched the TOP 3 WCW leaders working the zone!!
Andy on the outside, Arne in the middle, and Brad with some guests on his inside spot.....this was at 7am..
we could set up a zoom live feed camera and get the final finish on this WCW!!!

get back out there Andy and good luck!
thanks for the report..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 PM   #6
Jimm H

What?

So there was nothing biting today, and tomarrow they expect some "20 ft swell", possible coastal flooding, armageddon, etc.... and you three aren't going to be out there trying to catch that one fish that will guarantee you winning the WCW?

Slackers.......
Jimm H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #7
kurt

I'm gonna wait on the beach and wait for the 40lbers to crash in with the waves.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #8
madscientist

I'm going tomorrow, if the launch is less than head high. :shock:

Nice morning, calm, met up with Arne and made the squirts. Andy ignored us and paddled out with his game face on. 8)

Set up to drift, Arne moves out a bit, I tell him "look out, you're right on BSB1". I start taking care of something else and look back to see Arne coming back towards me. Ah, he missed me. Then I hear something over the radio about BSB and look more careful to realize he's being towed. Paddled over to watch him put some serious wood to the fish.

I was marking the fish on the sonar and saw him get it up to about 40ft when the hook pulled. Fortunately, I also saw it swim right back down so it was fine. My guess is it was hefty.

With nothing happening in the zone, I went out deeper. Played around with some cut squid on the bottom and caught some nice reds for dinner in amongst a ton of sand dabs and greenies. Around 10:30 I finally quit that and made the long paddle north to the reefs with my remaining squirts. First loop arounf the south reef was dead, but the second go around the turdrollers were out in force. After a half dozen or so I decided to let my remaining baits have a shot at the north reef. Same story, minus the turds. Bounced my way back for nada. Spoke with Ken on the way in as he was heading out for an evenings fun. Uneventful landing at 4:00 rounded out a 10 hour day.

I'll take a look tomorrow am and decide. If the launch is okay, I really don't mind big swells on the water. Kind of fun, in its way.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:49 PM   #9
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Andy ignored us and paddled out with his game face on.
Ha! I am way too serious.