Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
greenscales
greenscales

Anyone interested in PST/LaBuf Turkey weekend

I will be going down to Puerto Santo Thomas or La Bufadora probably early Friday morning of Thanksgiving weekend (weather dependent) and returning either Sunday or Monday night. If any kayakers or Freedivers are interested, I can fit one person in my 4Runner w/room for a 2nd yak on top. I had a trip there three weeks ago and had 3 nice Lings (largest was around 20lbs) each day and 1 Cabazon per day - not to mentioned assort other rockfish and gigantic Bonita (full of squid). This was in non-optimal conditions, with a swell and current that prevented me from targeting my spots. Evidently good halibut fishing for those who last targeted them. But there is so little pressure down there from anyone other than the commercial Urchin guys that you know the fish are there, but it will be up to us to find the locations for the best bites.

So if anyone wants to share in gas/insurance/ costs, then I would enjoy the company. Caravanning works as well. Just PM me if you like the idea. Big wind/swell/rain will cancel the trip.
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
JoeBeck

I have the in-laws in town all weekend although i'd be up for this trip another weekend. PM me when you go again.
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote