Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
Denis_Ruso

Power Wheels Kayak Cart?

So has anyone here experimented with converting a Kids Power Wheels car into an electric Kayak Cart?

So I see that the Weight limit on these things is 130LB and my MalibuKayak weighs roughly 67 Lbs dry. So with gear loaded it should be just enough to pull the kayak.

The only obstacle I can see is steering and rewiring the gas pedal to handheld controller. Which from research I see its possible to rewire the pedal to a scooter twist throttle and steering can just be done manually by directing the kayak.

Any thoughts? I am fairly inexperienced with wiring and understanding electronics but with the recent wiring of my bait tank, I have newfound confidence.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
defjack

Denis you are in luck I fish with a guy at topanga who has built the same set up. I will call him and find out if he wants to help you. Send me a pm so he can contact you. Jack
defjack is offline   Reply With Quote