Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #81
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuJohnny View Post
As far as the "In these times of the impending MLPA doom, why try and divide people?" matter goes...The posts on this site are the exact reason why people want to close these areas to fishing. PETA and all those other Human-i-acts will see thess magnificent fish hanging from the grinning silly smiles and react. Just like you would if you saw something that seems to have suffered. I have had my fill of "ghosts" and really big fish, after spending 8 years as deckhand on most of the local boats (and some in San Diego) so it wouldn't bother me one bit not to fish LJ
I just don't get it. Isn't the whole object of going fishing to catch a big fish? If one is lucky enough to catch a big one, it seems reasonable that a "grinning silly smile" might be appropriate.

Speaking strictly for myself, I have definitely NOT yet had my fill of "ghosts and really big fish". In fact, I am still waiting for my first ghost.

This has become a very entertaining, and somewhat disturbing post.

Bob
Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #82
MalibuJohnny

Disturbing post

I think what is disturbing is the heard mentality that most of you have fallen into.

If you have read my posting...its all about the photos being tampered with...and lying about it. No personal attack, no jelousy, or envy from me. I stand for the open mike, and am will to speak as well or if not better than faking a photo.

When you post on a public forum, people read your information and can respond, kindly or with the truth of what one believes.

Go get your "ghost" and get "your fill of monsters" but be truthful and honest.

Now go catch something!

John
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #83
bender0240

Hey i wanna pipe in with my two cents(not cool enough for ".02" yet. I'll get there, I just know it)

It's not an Alaskan Halibut. For one thing josh is wearing a dress shirt and lite waders and is soaked. Now i'm no "meteor" "ologist" but Alaska's water temp, even in summer is in the low 50's. Too cold for that gear.

The photo's not doctored. Flash photography in lower light, on a moving subject, with a slower shutter speed can make all sorts or weird things happen, including a drop shadow on objects that shouldn't have one.

Occum's Razor comes to mind. "the simplest explanation is best". He's just better than you. Get over it. Someone has to be the best and it's not you, or me for that matter.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #84
MalibuJohnny

Love this guy William Ockham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender0240 View Post
Hey i wanna pipe in with my two cents(not cool enough for ".02" yet. I'll get there, I just know it)

It's not an Alaskan Halibut. For one thing josh is wearing a dress shirt and lite waders and is soaked. Now i'm no "meteor" "ologist" but Alaska's water temp, even in summer is in the low 50's. Too cold for that gear.

The photo's not doctored. Flash photography in lower light, on a moving subject, with a slower shutter speed can make all sorts or weird things happen, including a drop shadow on objects that shouldn't have one.

Occum's Razor comes to mind. "the simplest explanation is best". He's just better than you. Get over it. Someone has to be the best and it's not you, or me for that matter.
In addtion too...Mr Ockham...

To quote Isaac Newton: "We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. Therefore, to the same natural effects we must, so far as possible, assign the same causes.

Big fish small fish they are all the same. Better than me? well I can admit that. But which is really better. struggling to make a living or struggling to speak the truth.

Think about it

John
Old 07-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #85
kareem korn

Just another case of a good consistant fisherman getting slammed. Seen it many times on this and other web forums. It's a double edge blade. I would'nt be suprised if he didn't post anymore. It's a shame.

By the way, that's an awsome fish.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #86
nabeeko

MalibuJohnny,

Well...
I have alot of time this morning and wanted to post my say...

This has nothing to do with Josh and his "worshippers".
In fact, just maybe, he might be viewed as a "fisherman", a good one at that, and may be not as a "god".

Quote:
heard mentality

Quote:
photos being tampered with
to what extent? changing backgrounds to cover up his "spot" has nothing to do with the actual fish he's caught.

Google Search "slow sync flash" and you'll understand how that picture looks the way it does.

Quote:
truthful and honest.
I really don't see anything dishonest or untruthful about his posts.

Am I a "follower" of Josh? No.
I'm just a person that knows him as a "good fisherman" and feels that he has alot to share with me and the fishing community.

We're just here to have fun and escape from the stress of everyday life, no? Why make enemies? Let's just move on and catch some fish, or at least try to...

Aren't we all brothas from other mothas!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #87
chefchatten

One or more of us has been with Josh when he has landed 99.9% of the fish he posts...if anything is photo shopped it's only because the original pic had the back ground showing. I for one would do the same...your just grabbing at straws here.

You should try trolling Lj for a fish and give this board a break!

Quote:
I think what is disturbing is the heard mentality that most of you have fallen into.

If you have read my posting...its all about the photos being tampered with...and lying about it. No personal attack, no jelousy, or envy from me. I stand for the open mike, and am will to speak as well or if not better than faking a photo.

When you post on a public forum, people read your information and can respond, kindly or with the truth of what one believes.

Now go catch something!

John
Old 07-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #88
THE DARKHORSE

Busted again? It's impossible to bust someone who has done nothing wrong.

Quote:

Now go catch something!

John
Oh, it's one of the same haters that spend an incredible amount of their time, time away from their families, time away from work, time away from being productive...time away from relaxing on the ocean. For what? To try and prove I don't catch a lot of big fish, good luck with that! I'll be the first to say I'm not that special, plenty of guys know how to fish. I simply share a small portion of what I catch to inspire guys to shut up and fish...works for many, but some are a little hard headed, know any? Some guys find a strange satisfaction in trying to create a riot with no motive, maybe the goal is to keep others from cathing big fish? Is that what you're afraid of, my clients are going to catch big fish? No matter how many perfectly normal posts you flame my clients are still going to catch fish, big fish!

Unlike you, we're not fishing on the computer! I've thought long and hard what could possibly be JohnyMaliboob's motive. This whole idea that you're saving the world from someone lying about a big fish? Especially since you live a couple of hours away, are never on the scene to disprove any caught fish, and obviously know nothing about photography, or photoshop for that matter.

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about photoshop, or computers. "For the record, I've never photoshopped a fish or the background for that matter." For one I don't know how, secondly I would never do such a thing. The extent of my photoshop skills is the red-eye feature. When that doesn't work I've learned to just put a dot of color over the eye. The idea of putting a different background on a photo is way beyond my ability and as I mentioned before has never been done on any of my photos, not one, ever. I do put a great deal of effort in making sure the background can't be triangulated, though. My posts are meant to inspire people to fish, not show them exactly where I'm catching them...you know, protect the resource.

The great controversy from the post (ghost hunting) when I made one of my first attempts at the paintbrush feature, the simple one on everyone's computer. It's pretty simple really, the photo of the giant White Seabass was going to be used in a fishing seminar for Fred Haul. I didn't like the messy look of the crap on my cooler behind me or the sponge on deck by my rod holder. So I put a crude matching color over those objects, easy to see really, but it didn't look like a yard sale on my deck and put my mind at ease. Wow, what a terrible thing to do, painting over a sponge on deck, how can I live with myself? Anyone who knows me will tell you I also wear button down dry-cleaned shirts while fishing and my house is always spotless too, what a crime! It's tough being neat and tidy even while fishing, but it's something I've learned to live with.

At least I don't look at raw images, with zero adjustments, just a picture of a big fish, and scream photoshop out of my own jelousy. It is what it is JohnyMaliboob, it's obvious to the masses when you spend countless hours writing ridiculous flames about someone you don't know. Don't try and act like you know anything about me, you don't. It's obvious by the things you say, false accusations, slanderous comments about me selling fish. It's all completely ridiculous, unwarranted, more importantly without cause. You and I know I've never done anything to you, I've never sent you a nasty p.m. or approached you in person. Yet, you still spend countless hours away from your family, work, being productive, and relaxing time on the water to write complete lies about someone you don't know.

The old saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" worries me most with you JohnnyMaliboob...I'm sure you're a great parent when you're not spending countless hours spreading lies on the internet.

Last edited by THE DARKHORSE; 07-28-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #89
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Ouch...that's gonna leave a mark...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #90
ericko

Im glad you spoke up josh, I dont no you but you entertain me with your stories and i hope to read more in the future....I find no reason to bag on you or anyone else fishing is like playing cards (poker) witch i do to much some hands are a real and others are bluffs nobody got hurt even if its me getting bluffed out of the hand....This is all just for fun i can buy fish from the market if i really wanted fish,
Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #91
dorado50

No need to defend yourself Josh, the truth is self evident! I think this guy wants all people and fish to be equal. His posts really confuse me. But really, my new goals are to catch 40#s and over. Can you help me with that!! Thanks for all you do.........dave
Old 07-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #92
cabojohn
PROBATION

helluva fish...again.
congrats.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #93
FISHIONADO

Ok, I know other people have noticed this but don't have the balls to speak up. White lips, black eyes, fish whispering, and the ability to sit in a kayak for 22 hours, the dude is obviously an E.T. Some other planet has sent him here to bring home samples of our tastiest species. E.T. go home!

Is Malibu Johnny for real or just trolling? It's hard to believe that stuff could be real.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #94
Matt
Support your local pangas

Will someone please just lock this damn thing??? I just want to catch another YT and post it and photoshop in lake murray and then you can all hate on me that would be sick!!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #95
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Will someone please just lock this damn thing??? I just want to catch another YT and post it and photoshop in lake murray and then you can all hate on me that would be sick!!
too funny Matt! Too bad I can't fish or use photoshop
Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #96
yakker420
Junior

Most excellent fish, We're not Worthy!
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #97
Matt
Support your local pangas

Hey here's an even more novel idea.......instead of "hating" or "supporting" Josh....why doesn't everyone go to the MLPA meeting August 3rd to help keep LJ open?!? You can meet Josh in person...and hit him up for secrets of fishing! Or sit there and give him dirty looks and scowl!

Guys and girls a 100 jihadist enviro's showed up to the meeting yesterday, August 3rd in Carlsbad is our time to shine!! I would love to see everyone on this thread there!!!!!!

If you want to catch fish like Josh's or any of the other succesful anglers on this board it is incredibly important to show up!!!

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=5656

MEETING SCHEDULE
August 3, 9:30 a.m., Holiday Inn

August 4, 8:00 a.m., Hilton Garden Inn

MEETING LOCATION
Holiday Inn
850 Palomar Airport Road
Carlsbad, CA 92008
760-438-7880
www.carlsbadhi.com

Hilton Garden Inn
6450 Carlsbad Blvd.
Carlsbad, CA 92011
760-476-0800
Hilton Garden Inn, Carlsbad Beach

The agenda will be posted about 10 days before the meeting, it will tell when public comment will be taken on August 3rd. There will be no public comment on the second day. The most effective comments to this group are those about important areas/geographies to you (and why). In addition comments about overall number and size of MPA areas are good for this group.

Day 2 are workshops, you are welcome to attend and move from room to room as long as you do it politely and are not disruptive. You have to remain quiet in the rooms, no comments, hand signals, or heavy sighs are allowed. This does allow you to see the inner workings of how the maps are drawn and some of the discussions that occur. Be prepared to see/hear things you may not be comfortable with and still remain quiet and polite....

The negativity on this thread is silly so let's turn it around and do something useful with it!!! Support your right to get a fish of a lifetime!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:59 AM   #98
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

right on Matt.

Beautiful fish Josh, big time congrats.

...nuff BS on this thread,
...nuff of free entertainment.

lock it up time...