Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

I've been wanting to do that but its either Pay for one outing and not fish for the rest of the month or... have the gas money to go several times and just not catch fish...

good job on the yellows, finding them is half the battle.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
jimbo

well done

Nice fish!

Man, Josh really produces consistently. And for price, the services are an INCREDIBLE value. It would cost double or triple what he charges for a panga ride in most parts of the world.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #23
dorado50

Thumbs up!! Josh is certainly the best kayak fisherman around! Now if he could only run a 60' Bertram. He would be mine "under contract"....
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
lterrero
Leo

Nice!!! Double the fun... congratulations
lterrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #25
erinoo

Very nice quality fish right there Trent…yep that Outlaw Darkhorse has it dialed in. fficeffice" />>>
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #26
tmc
Junior

Thanks guys. @lowprofile, I think less time on the water for the month, but with a pro is definitely worth it. That's my opinion after wasting too much time doing things wrong in the wrong places. Find a guide and get on some fish! I obviously like Josh as he did exactly what I hired him to do and then some (two nice fish).

See you out there
tmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #27
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

HAHAHA, Your wife and my wife must be related!!!

I get the whole spill every time i come home empty handed...

Great Photos

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #28
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

great job!

wow.... very cool! Thanks for writing the whole story, and I bet Josh is grateful!

When I saw the photo of you holding it high, I noticed no game clip in its mouth... thinking one wiggle and a different ending to the story!

Congrats, and time on the water is what pays off! (er... "educated" time on the water sure helps!)
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #29
THE DARKHORSE

Thanks for the write up, Trent!

A tiny fraction of my clientele bother to write up a report. The one's that do, though, tend to go above and beyond---Trent being one of them. I wouldn't have the business I've enjoyed for years without them. It should go without saying that I'm eternally grateful.

Then again, I know just who to call when that Winter-Squid starts laying down nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Nice fish!

Man, Josh really produces consistently. And for price, the services are an INCREDIBLE value. It would cost double or triple what he charges for a panga ride in most parts of the world.
Thanks, Jim. It was my pleasure having you along for a day as well. I'm honored when charter captains themselves realize, even they, might learn a thing or two. Being that Jim has a PHD, it's safe to say, he's one smart cookie. He was interested in White Sea Bass and White Sea Bass only. I just tried to keep the conversation revolved around fishing---in an effort to come across as an educated man.

After seeing this post I realized I never even sent your photos.

So here you go---enjoy!

Lastly, I'd like to thank Trent for the reading material. It took two weeks of post coffee, early morning rituals, to get through it.
Every morning before meeting up with clients has been educational. Very well written and informative. Thanks, again, and get ready for round two.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #30
Divad

Great write up and and pics to boot! It's time to call Josh!
Divad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
tmc
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
A tiny fraction of my clientele bother to write up a report. The one's that do, though, tend to go above and beyond---Trent being one of them. I wouldn't have the business I've enjoyed for years without them. It should go without saying that I'm eternally grateful.

Thanks, again, and get ready for round two.

You're welcome Josh, I'm ready to write up another post soon (sorry, I just went searching for this old thread and realized I never saw this post).

I started a business out of the area, but any time I come to town to check in on my real estate team, I think I'll make it a habit of giving you a call (a little advance warning next time of course).

For those that don't know Josh, he's a great guy. Hope you take the time to go out with him sometime. Best fishing investment I've ever made.

-Trent
Old 06-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #32
Raskal311

I had the same thought and contacted a guild two month ago about taking me and a buddy out but held off because my buddies wanted to wait until his kids are out of school.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #33
finyak

Damn!! That's a pretty fish.
finyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #34
skunked
Jr. Junior

Awesome feeshies and write up!

This Josh guy sounds like a threat to the local fishery, gotta get him on the MPLA agenda for next month.

Actually, how does one get in touch with this Darkhorse?
skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #35
Sully1

Well done bro! Way to get committed! You definitely work for your fish when you go with Josh. What a game changer, huh? Love the bendo shot. You might think about smoking some of that Yellowtail, it keeps better than when frozen. I've been marinating it in a homemade teriyaki, and then slow smoking it with lump charcoal and hickory. . . get ready for forth of July for your Taste Buds!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
Hondatom

Good for you brother! You paid your dues, you faced your weakness and had the sack to accept that you needed help. You sought out a teacher and had the courage to learn. I am very happy for you.

I am also forking JEALOUS!

I am still in that "I can figure it out" mode. Well I was until I read your post.

Hondatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #37
tmc
Junior

Josh's (AKA- Darkhorse) number

I'll PM you his number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunked View Post
Awesome feeshies and write up!

This Josh guy sounds like a threat to the local fishery, gotta get him on the MPLA agenda for next month.

Actually, how does one get in touch with this Darkhorse?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
THE DARKHORSE

Round two's a comin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
I had the same thought and contacted a guild two month ago about taking me and a buddy out but held off because my buddies wanted to wait until his kids are out of school.

What's that saying---you're either part of the solution or part of the problem? Sounds like someone needs a new buddy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc View Post
I started a business out of the area, but any time I come to town to check in on my real estate team, I think I'll make it a habit of giving you a call (a little advance warning next time of course).

For those that don't know Josh, he's a great guy. Hope you take the time to go out with him sometime. Best fishing investment I've ever made.

-Trent

Thanks, Trent. Sorry about not being able to slide you in on short notice. One of these days I'll get one of those fancy phones with the giant screen. As God as my witness I've never even sent a text. I'll be damned if I'm ever one of those people walking around two-fisted texting!

Let alone get one of those I-phone 5 thingamajiggies. Then I'll have no excuse for not instantly e-mailing guys back when I'm on the water. Probably a good idea if you fish day and night, though. After fishing all day to only turn right back around to fish at night is, well, tough on the body. And mind, of course. I can hardly stomach the computer on my days off---now I'm contemplating sending e-mails on the water! Times are a 'changin. Isn't that the whole reason we go fishing---to get away from this stuff?

Tags
la jolla, the darkhorse, yellowtail