Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

New seat! UP

went to OEX today to get a battery and charger. guys there are really helpful as always. got to looking at seats and although i really needed a new one i had to pass because nothing just stuck out and the price was a little high for a spontaneous buy. On my way home i stopped at UP off coast highway and harbor drive in oside and seen a pretty bada$$ seat. asked about the price and the guy said it was $275... ended up giving it to me for cost to build it (its the store brands seat).

it holds 5 plano boxes (3 on a detachable bag) and has two rod holders with leashes. lumbar support and oversize clips.

all this fits in the seat.
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
lowprofile

if you dont want to spend the $275 he told me they go for. you can pick one up for $125 here...

http://www.paddlerscove.com/gone-fis...gler-seat.aspx
Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

$275 ? where is the tooth brush holder
Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
lowprofile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
$275 ? where is the tooth brush holder
well luckily thats not what i paid. lol. headed out to try it now. ill post up how comfy it is.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
james92026

Wow $275 ? Looks almost identical to the one that came with my Navigator I bought on BD, only difference is that mine has the two rear pockets zippered. I gave the guy $500 for Navigator XF, seat like yours, gaff, bait tank, battery, charger, anchor, rope, and trolley, plus paddle. I like the seat as it hooks up easily and your right, handy compartments for Plano e.t.c. You still need to make sure gaff, net or whatever is secured to the yak somehow, the holders built into the seats will not hold in event you flip. (I should know....) Luckily my rods and paddle were secured by leashes. I lost an anchor,rope, and gaff.
james92026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
james92026

an afterthought....I may have lost part of the seat also as I do not see the sleeves for rod/gaff holder and I know that before they fit rather snug. Must have been a third piece that was attached.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
the dude

chicks dig the 'UP Sports' logo, clearly worth the extra $150....
Old 12-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
james92026

Gettin old is hell and suffering from the dreaded C.R.S. Looking over photos of my gear, I see that the seat never had rod holders built in, there is a similar OEX bag attached to the back of the bait tank with rod sleeves.

kayak gear.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by james92026 View Post
an afterthought....I may have lost part of the seat also as I do not see the sleeves for rod/gaff holder and I know that before they fit rather snug. Must have been a third piece that was attached.