Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
Samcro

Costa Mesa Pacific Coast Sportfishing Festival

Has anyone attended this show before and how does it compare to the Fred Hall Show? Will Team Sewer be there to tomorrow to share some Halibut fishing tips? Jorge/Tony, if you show up I will buy you a cold one!ee
Samcro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:28 AM   #2
Mahigeer

Is this the one at the OC Fairgrounds?

If so, there is no comparison. Very small and not worth the money.

They did have a kayak for raffle. That was good, but you have to be there.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:30 AM   #3
Saba Slayer

SMALL...

It's a very small show...I was at the PCS Festival yesterday with the CCA CAL and we'll be there today and tomorrow. It is a VERY SMALL show... you can see all the booths in about 45min.
Team Sewer will not be performing...oops...I mean speaking at a seminar at this venue...not a big enough audience for their liking...!
It's a pimple on the big bears butt...if you compare the Fred Hall Shows to this little event.
A lot of the vendors were pretty sad at the end of the day as it was really slow with all that rain yesterday. Hopefully they will pick up a few sales today.
There is a kayak seminar at 2pm given by Mike Ponce and Corey Boyer...

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
Samcro

Deals!

Just got back from the festival and yes it's a small event, but the due to the low turn out there is very good deals/discounts. We were greeted with pastries and a voucher for a free Ballastpoint Large Beer which covered the entrance fee. Mostly local shops and willing to make a deal. 15% off on Phenix rods and Hobie products. Also 20% off on Avet reels.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #5
OCPhisher

Costa Mesa Pacific Coast Sportfishing Festival

Just got back too. Picked up a Phenix rod (15% off plus free shirt) and got some Ahi jigs --buy 3 get 1 free.

Also parking is $8 in the lot, but you can park for free on the street (Arlington) by Tewinkle Park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OCPhisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #6
Samcro

Fisherman's Access

My buddy picked up a Phenix rod and T-Shirt as well. I believe the Fisherman Access Booth had the best overall pricing and discounts. They also offered Shimano Teramar rods for 15% off. I picked up a Hobie Livewell XL for 15% off from the only Kayak booth. Good deals all around.