Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
cris

Redondo 11/10/18

Launched at daybreak and fished till noon. The weather started fair and improved throughout the day ending in a nice day on the water. Lots of sportboats and private boats out there but I didn't see much caught. Ended up with two nice bonito caught while trolling around a couple of miles further out than the parking lot.

Thanks for the reports the last couple of days fellas.

C
Attached Images

cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
Saba Slayer

Match the hatch...

Good Job on the Bones...I hope you spiked, bled and iced em quickly....

Try to "match the hatch" to get more fish next time...
Most of the Bones I've been catching have been on either of these style and color
lures or the daisy chain...the fish are keyed on the small anchovies for the last few weeks and most are spitting up these small baits when they come on deck.
My last limit had a couple of fish that had fresh squid in them too but for the most part it seems to be small Chovies that I'm finding inside them.
I've never found the Red and White Rapalla to work for me...I prefer the Sardine, B/W, or Purple to troll for Tuna or Bones.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #3
bubbacee7

Looks like a good size bone
bubbacee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
diedroid
Junior

I was there also.
It was so crowded with at least six party boats, several private boats, many yaks and a couple jet skis.
They were probably there for the bonitos.

I picked up two bonitos.
My buddy lost one (or half of it) while reeling it in, to a small shark right next to his yak. That same shark also took the tail off of another bonito already on his game clip.

A fun morning.
diedroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #5
hiramehunter

I was there too
Total circus but made for a fun morning. It’s not too often REDONDO canyon gets this much attention.
Blue/Pink colt sniper worked but didn’t get too many strikes.
Tried the Live Deception Jig and megabaits but only got one strike between the two.
On another note, the grumps (sand bass) were biting. Caught two on the colt sniper. Both about 16 inches.
hiramehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #6
cris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Good Job on the Bones...I hope you spiked, bled and iced em quickly....

Try to "match the hatch" to get more fish next time...
Most of the Bones I've been catching have been on either of these style and color
lures or the daisy chain...the fish are keyed on the small anchovies for the last few weeks and most are spitting up these small baits when they come on deck.
My last limit had a couple of fish that had fresh squid in them too but for the most part it seems to be small Chovies that I'm finding inside them.
I've never found the Red and White Rapalla to work for me...I prefer the Sardine, B/W, or Purple to troll for Tuna or Bones.

Hey Jim, thanks for the report last week, always appreciate your report and photos. I caught the other on a blue mack pattern rapala but had no luck on the anchovy pattern jigs I was tossing.ill give your lures a shot next time.

I did spike, bleed and ice them immediately. I carried a Coleman cooler with ice and sea water that had them chilled quickly. Benefits of having a tandem kayak and fishing alone!

Turned one of them into tuna pasta salad after a quick brine and grilling.
Attached Images

cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #7
constharper
Junior

What a tasty dish ))
constharper is offline   Reply With Quote