Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
BT

Zuniga Jetty Lobster

Last night I met up with a few people from BWE to do some hooping. Met up with Deamon (Jim), Romspacenut (Robert), and Frady (Josh). Paddled out with the tide but the wind was blowing stright at us so it slowed us down a little bit.

Josh was on a mission and paddled like a madman to get out there, and he beat us by a good 15 minutes...you could tell he was in a zone!

The forecasts that I read for the night said that the wind was going to die down and the swell would not be an issue. Well the wind didnt lay down, and it produced a good chop and swell for us the entire night. Lots of current and paddling going on the entire time.

Well, like I said Josh was in the zone, and after the first pull he comes over and shows a nice sized bug. Said it was his biggest ever, and you could tell he was stoked. There was alot of life in the nets all night long which was a good change of pace from pulling empties in the bay recently. I caught alot of rock crabs but none were keepers, and only two keeper bugs for me. Josh paddled away with his monster, 4 other keepers, and one crab, and Robert and Jim both pulled in one keeper each.

I wish we all could have gotten limits, but it just wasnt in the cards. We all caught a decent amount of shorts, and a bunch were just shy of being keepers. They crawled for a good part of the night, from sundown to about 9ish, and then it seemed to slow down.

Josh took off a little earlier that the rest of us, but the paddle back in took half the time due to the wind at our backs. Thank god for that, because I think we were all pretty tired from dealing with the wind all night.

Nice meeting all of you, and we will do it again soon...hopefully in better conditions!
:lobs ter:
Old 12-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
T Bone

Sweet.I am going tomorrow night.It is supposed to be pretty cold but I have a lot of bonita scraps and plan to make the best of them.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
Deamon

4 yakkers spread out over one entire side of the jetty. It was pretty cool hanging with some good dudes...and going home with something in the bag...
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Been a while since we've heard good bug pulls going on...thanks for the report...and tell me you got a pic of the big bug?

No pics= BS...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Been a while since we've heard good bug pulls going on...thanks for the report...and tell me you got a pic of the big bug?

No pics= BS...
Well Josh has a Stealth 12 with the bait tank between his legs...I had my camera, but well...wasnt gonna take that photo.

Maybe he took one?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
romspacenut

It was good to meet you Brian, Jim and Josh. Hopefully we'll have better luck next time.
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote