Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
greenscales
greenscales

A call for anyone who wants to go PST or San Quintin this weekend

I am tentatively planning a trip between LaBuf/PST and San Quintin, leaving this Friday AM. It looks like a decent weather window, but I will not go if the weather looks bad down there. Destination depends on wind and swell as well. I posted information on my last two trips late last year. No issues with safety at all, and some solid Ling, Cabazon, and Vermilion fishing, hard to get through the jumbo Bonita to catch Yellowtail last time. I will be targeting Ghosts and Forkies first, the other species are back-up or to end the day.

I have room for one in my 4WD, plus space for a kayak on my rack. Rod & Reel guy or Spearfisherman. I got all the camping gear, but you could bring a spare tent, chair, and your own bag. I also can caravan down with a group Friday 6AM from Vista who are heading on Missions trip to San Vicente, with a place to bunk for the first two nights in exchange for bringing the first days catches back for them to eat. This isn't a formal commitment, just an option, so caravanning down with other kayakers is also good. More room in the ice chest for us to catch more (it's a laid back singles's group). Return time is optional, anywhere from late Sunday to Wednesday mid-day. If we do Puerto Santo Thomas or La Buf, it is only a $10 a night camping fee/may even be able to do a cabin for $20 - and gated parking. I was offered jumbo abalone for just a $1 each last time and I know the holes pretty well and both locations.

PM me if you are interested.

Greenscales

Last edited by greenscales; 03-15-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Change Title
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
Hypoxic1

LOtsa folks gettin Beheaded down there just now. Gave up on San Q when I stopped kitesurfing. Get some armor
Chris
Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
cappo
Junior

good luck man, i'm headed down to SQ in 2wks
cappo is offline   Reply With Quote