Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
greenscales
greenscales

A Race that matters to us

I have participated in many of the rants against the MLPA process, but have been fairly quiet about the parties and politicians, simply because most of them have been apathetic at best towards or cause, if not outright opposed to us. For instance, both candidates for governor oppose prop 23, which would slow down the California Global Warming Act until the economy stabilizes. The Jerry vs. Meg race is like watching South Park's school mascot election between a Turd Sandwich and a Douche Bag.

However I did hear Attorney General Candidate Steve Cooley interviewed on KFI's Jon & Ken and he sounds like he might have our back on how we have been screwed on the MLPA process. In the discussion about CARB (California Air Resources Board), Cooley indicated that he was very upset that an appointed committee would try to exercise powers to make blanket regulations w/o elected oversight. He also said the apparent conflict of interested and junk science behind their findings was very suspect. He indicated that he would keep an eye on any government agency with similar issues--might that include how the MLPA process has been handled? His opponent is the DA for San Francisco, need I say more.

Do your own research, but it appears that Steve Cooley might be worth supporting to bring the MLPA process back in order in the future. Sorry if some of his stances offend any of you, just calling it like I see it.
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
GregAndrew

I would say that it is certainly worth a letter or email to him to ask his opinion on the MLPA directly. I would hate to infer anything about a candidate based on something they said about a similar issue (they bend with the prevailing winds). Sounds like he is leaning in the right direction though.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote