Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
greenscales
greenscales

More evidence of who the MLPA fans are shacking up with.

Did any of you guys get the spam (below) on wind energy through the MLPA participant e-mails.

Sure they sent this apology about 20 minutes later.
Dear MLPA Initiative list server members,
Our sincerest apologies for the delivery of this non-MLPA related message. We do not endorse nor work on alternative energy technologies nor with the University of Connecticut.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
But still you kind of wonder how they got a hold of the entire list and it is definitely a red flag about the lack of security/privacy for those of us who have signed up to stay informed. Sure, the link isn't that bad, but it goes to show you there are invested interests on the "science" behind those pushing for all of the closures.

I am no black helicopter, conspiracy nut. But a bunch of mantra chanting, mushroom chomping, Mother Gaya worshiping, hippies loaded up in a green magic VW Bus fighting for Sea Lion voting rights just scares the crap out of me. The only thing more aggravating is that they are sponsored by the multi-millionaire homeowners living on the bluffs above, Laguna, Palos Verdes, Malibu, etc. invested in the various "stop Global Warming" businesses that have been promoted by VP "sex poodle."

I guess I am just ranting because it has been so long since I was able to hang out for 12 hours at some hotel meeting room to get my chance to speak for 30 seconds to a panel of blowhard DFG political appointees who completely ignored anything we had to say. So as everyone enjoys one of the best fishing years in La Jolla, keep in mind that if we don't stay diligent, it could also be the last.

Please help the University of Connecticut with our research on alternative energy technologies that will help public facilities lower their energy costs. Complete this 5 minute survey linked below and you will learn:

-Types of alternative energy similar facilities are using.
-What similar facilities are paying for electricity.
-What the key roadblocks are to using alternative energy.

If you have any questions or concerns about this survey contact Prof. Luke Weinstein at luke.weinstein@business.uconn.edu or (860) 728-2170. Survey results will be used in the aggregate. To receive our comprehensive research results leave your email address in the last question of the survey. Your email address will not be used for any other purposes. If you have received this message in error or it is a duplicate please disregard or forward to the appropriate party.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=U2FT7NVXGRY7

greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
bellcon

Quote:
I guess I am just ranting because it has been so long since I was able to hang out for 12 hours at some hotel meeting room to get my chance to speak for 30 seconds to a panel of blowhard DFG political appointees who completely ignored anything we had to say.
ahh
the good old days
don't cha missum?