Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > West Coast Whoppers - Archive > West Coast Whoppers 2011

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #101
RK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 728
As this thing winds down I just wanna take a second and thank Andy and Adi, for putting this together. It's a great competition and has great people involved. To the competitors it was a pleasure chasing your points all year it's funny you want to hate all you guys in the beginning but your a great group of people that I'm stoked to have as friends and some really good fisher"men/women) as well. This for me is the end of my whopper campaign but I look forward to watching Don and Eric dominate next year. And Darkie your a hell of a good fisherman.. At the end of the day you guys forced me to fish days I shouldn't have and catch fish I lose sleep over. Thanks for keeping the stoke alive!!! I just can't be bothered to catch baby halibut anymore.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #102
jorluivil
over there
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,743
^^^^^What he said^^^^^^

This was my first year so I'd have to say that 6th place(7th if Regor doesn't have anything) isn't to bad for a rookie. I really enjoyed all the smack talking, leaving Roby in my dust and ALMOST catching up to my buddy RK but as said previously, special thanks to Andy and Adi for putting this together and to the rest of the players for joining an awesome contest.

Can't wait to see what WCW 2012 will be like. Maybe add something in the contest that gives points for catch and release? Perhaps, add a catch n release bass section?

Again....thanks for the good times. Till we meet again!!!!
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 03-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #103
RK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
ALMOST catching up to my buddy RK
I havnt posted my submissions for March..... Your not even close
(the first post i forgot to add a smiley that makes it less mean)

Last edited by RK; 03-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #104
jorluivil
over there
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK View Post
I havnt posted my submissions for March..... Your not even close

I was speaking in past past past tense. Nonetheless, congrats!
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #105
-scallywag-
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: on the road...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK View Post
I havnt posted my submissions for March
"submissions"....as in more than one?

Funny i didnt even hear of fish caught in LJ all month
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #106
Regor
Greg
 
Regor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chula Vista, ca
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK View Post
As this thing winds down I just wanna take a second and thank Andy and Adi, for putting this together. It's a great competition and has great people involved. To the competitors it was a pleasure chasing your points all year it's funny you want to hate all you guys in the beginning but your a great group of people that I'm stoked to have as friends and some really good fisher"men/women) as well. This for me is the end of my whopper campaign but I look forward to watching Don and Eric dominate next year. And Darkie your a hell of a good fisherman.. At the end of the day you guys forced me to fish days I shouldn't have and catch fish I lose sleep over. Thanks for keeping the stoke alive!!! I just can't be bothered to catch baby halibut anymore.
X3 !

I fished more than I ever planned, and can blame that squarely on the WCW, and the great participants!

I gave it one more shot today, as the swell is building, and the waves are starting to pump. No squid, even finbait was more scarce than it's been in a while. Couldn't get anything to bite, and it sounded like a ghost town out there, with no reels singing zzzzzzz.

Here's to all that participated , and to the top $$ makers
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #107
RK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 728
Oh thats cause when fish are bleeding underneath a kayak in plain view they dont make much noise. I actually heard a rumor about a kid named scallywagamiah actually nailing a couple WCW worthy pigs this month. But rumors are gross like fish scales.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #108
-scallywag-
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: on the road...
Posts: 598
hahaahaha....yeh those cbass have been thick in the kelp!!

its those pesky cedros YT and barndoor flatties that have been tough to pin down
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #109
sharonkayak
Senior Member
 
sharonkayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 217
Good job everone.


We all fished hard. I definately put time into fishing this year. Learned alot, made new friends.

Congrads to all ! Especially the podium winners
sharonkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #110
Whizz Bang
Senior Member
 
Whizz Bang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 396
Well done all.

Sharon, great run...you beat out alot of guys in this thing (myself included).

Danica Patrick may sell tickets, but she doesn't really win races-you were definitely selling tickets. Alot of us were checking in, just to see if you were still holding second. Thank you for keeping it interesting for us.

Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #111
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator
 
WCW Moderator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 461
Final scores posted! Let me know if I got it right

Great finish to the year long event, with some incredible fish caught. A nice tight race to get into the money kept things interesting right up to the end. Take a break from competitive fishing and we will be thinking what to do for the next WCW.

WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #112
theluckypig
Senior Member
 
theluckypig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 2 minutes from the sewer...
Posts: 634
congrats to all! good times!
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #113
wade
Senior Member
 
wade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 1,214
What a race! Congrats to ALL!
__________________

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #114
RK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 728
Big congratulations to Josh, Eric, and Don....

All night I thought Don got second and Eric 3rd, holy shit......
Well done again legends
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #115
-scallywag-
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: on the road...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Moderator View Post
Take a break from competitive fishing and we will be thinking what to do for the next WCW.

I have a few ideas as far as changes to the format.

1. 20lb min. size limit...I'm tired of seeing 11lb fish caught in the bay....after all this is BIG WATERS EDGE, WC WOPPERS, not a bay bass tourny!!

2. Since it seems like we have quite a few local guides and "pro staff" here, maybe there should be a "Pro-staff" division, who play for bragging rights.....that way the mere mortals who can only fish once a week and cant afford to hire a guide, exc.... have a shot at getting into the money and hopefully bring in more competitors.

You guys do a great job with these competitions....THANKS!!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #116
jorluivil
over there
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,743
20lb minimum on Halibut
50lb minimum on Yellows
60lb minimum on WSB


That would make it exciting.
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #117
ful-rac
Emperor
 
ful-rac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
20lb minimum on Halibut
50lb minimum on Yellows
60lb minimum on WSB


That would make it exciting.
Your on to something there.....
__________________
There's nothing colder than yesterday's hotdog.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #118
Regor
Greg
 
Regor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chula Vista, ca
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
20lb minimum on Halibut
50lb minimum on Yellows
60lb minimum on WSB


That would make it exciting.
Strictly weights, keep measuring devices out of the equation? Right George
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #119
driftwood
Senior Member
 
driftwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SAN DIEGO
Posts: 1,085
And keep those tape shots wrinkle free!!!

driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #120
GregAndrew
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by -scallywag- View Post
I have a few ideas as far as changes to the format.

1. 20lb min. size limit...I'm tired of seeing 11lb fish caught in the bay....after all this is BIG WATERS EDGE, WC WOPPERS, not a bay bass tourny!!

2. Since it seems like we have quite a few local guides and "pro staff" here, maybe there should be a "Pro-staff" division, who play for bragging rights.....that way the mere mortals who can only fish once a week and cant afford to hire a guide, exc.... have a shot at getting into the money and hopefully bring in more competitors.

You guys do a great job with these competitions....THANKS!!!
You might as well just call it the La Jolla locals only tournament, cause you will not get anybody seriously participating outside of San Diego. If you are happy with a 5 person field, then by all means.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.