Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
SorryCharlie

LJ - 11/2 - Bite Died....

Short report, as in not much to report.

Hit the launch around 6:30am, launch was washed out, but the water looked clean about 30 yards out. Conditions were awesome compared to what was forecast, nice and sunny and the early morning wind died down quick. Water cooled off significantly, hovering around 69.5F, compared to the 72.5 from last weekend.

Launch was easy, finding (more accurately catching) the bait was not....
Spent the first 2-3 hours moving everywhere looking for bait, just outside the preserve, Northwest corner and all the way south. The schools were there, just could not get any to bite. I notice all the schools I was seeing were quite a bit deeper then usual hovering around 20-30 ft from the bottom. Ended up with 1 awesome greenie and 2 Spanish.

Only about 5 kayaks and 2 charter boats on the water. I saw 1 PB all day, we had the place to ourselves. Trolled around for the next few hours for nada. Tossed the iron around for a decent bonie, but no love other then that. Didn't see anyone else hooking up, and after losing most of my bait to the dogs (or being lazy Spanish and basically being dragged). I called it a day and headed in.

Looks like the summer of awesomeness may have been brought to a close with that storm...... (hopefully not)
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
Cbad Mike

Thanks for the report.
I've been seeing the same thing and having the same problem with the bait.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Looks like the summer of awesomeness may have been brought to a close with that storm...... (hopefully not)
Always seems to take a few days to settle down, we have some really nice weather coming this week and a building moon.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
chris138
donkey roper

Thanks for the real-time report! Acually sounds like not much has changed after the front came through. Like Andy said give it a day or two and it will be game on!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote