Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #1
lainez11
Junior

new kayak! !

Ok so I pulled the trigger on another kayak today! Bought a ocean scrambler 11. It's for the wife! But I'm excited to use it as well I've rented the ocean caper 11 and was amazed at how well she did on her own! I have my stealth 12 and I can't keep up with her. It seems pertty fast and she able to manuver no problem. Talked to a very helpful gentlemen and he show me the scrambler... same size and hull shape, but a bit taller up front nice for breaking waves. To my surprise I didn't find much on YouTube but if it's similar to the caper I'm sure she will be happy!!

Can't wait to use it on the water!! Will try to get some pictires up later. So my question is does any one else have one of theses???? I'm surprised they are not more popular. I was just going to add some flush mount rod holders, but was curious what others have done ? I know sky's the limit but was hoping to hear from other with the same kayak and their thoughts on it. Oh and Im also suppose to paint it pink ! Guess I won't be using it as much as I thought lol.
lainez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
skrilla

I started on a Scrambler 11 to try this kayak fishing thing. Decent platform, stable, lightweight. As you said the hull has a cool rocker up front for going over waves but it's also prone to hull slap. Enjoyed fishing off a kayak more and more so I and added flushmounts and a forward hatch to it. Wasn't long until I noticed I needed more space so I upgraded to a bigger platform. 2 yellows on board is a crowd.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
T-Rex

Scrambler is a good recreational kayak and works pretty well in the surf. A lot of the rental companies use them in their fleets. Your wife will probably love it.