Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
reefer

Go Pro Hero2

Hello every one, i am new to the gopro camera, my wife just got me my first new hero2. i was wondering about the memory card, does brands matter....i been to walmart, best buy and radio shack.....they are $$$$$$. then i open the Fry's ADs and they have 32GB SDCH class 10 Brand Patrist for $29.99 on sale the weekend
http://www.frys.com/search?search_type= ... 2934&cat=0
"Patriot LX Series 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card PSF32GSDHC10 (Black)
The Patriot LX Class 10 SDHC memory card offers blazing performance. The LX Class 10 SDHC memory cards meet the latest SD Association specifications and offer a minimum sustained write speed of 10MB/s. Fast enough to record High Definition video, our LX Class 10 SDHC cards keep up with the most demanding new photography and video equipment"-FRY's site
Like said new to this..... i fish ALOT, so plan to use it on my kayak,boat with my kids and in my pond......etc do i really need to buy the $100 type????
Thanks you
-HUGO
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
jorluivil

I've used the Patriot brand before but it was for my cellphone, didn't have any issues with it. I managed to find a Sandisk Extreme HD Video card at Bestbuy for $40 out the door (on sale of course). As far as I know you will only need the class 10 if you are going to use the 10FPS feature on the camera, if not a class 6 will do.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
GregAndrew

You can roll the dice on any brand, but to me it is worth the extra money to not lose valuable video. I have not had any problems with my Kingston SD cards, but had big problems with Tanscend.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
PapaDave

I've had problems with the Transcend in my GoPro as well as another camera I own. It was a class 10 but it would not record properly and the video would be corrupted. I lost the recording of my WSB catch because of it.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Deefeesha

sdhc

This is what I found:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Id=1&name=32GB
Deefeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
roby
CEO of Team Roby

I'm not sure if this still applies, but several years back there were alot of corrupted memory cards being sold on Ebay. I would advise you not to buy from there and try to stick with a name brand.

Here are two links on the Ebay Fraud issue....

http://martybugs.net/articles/fakesandisk.cgi

http://fightflashfraud.wordpress.com/

* The second link has a focus on flash drives.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
reefer

thanks guys, i went to fry's and got the 32GB class 10 card....like i said new to the go pro hero2. so far so good. can't wait to take it out on kayak. do u guys have any cool idea on how to go about mounting it, what has work good for you or some one u know?
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote