Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
DanaPT

Weds dana report

I'm so very stoked to report that today's fishing efforts were a success.

Started at the ramp at 5 am. About 8 guys racing to get boats in the water and lined up at the barge. I b-lined it to the red headlands buoy. After about 30 minutes I had about 12 spanish macs and 1 greenie.

Made my way north in front of the ritz-carlton hotel at 140 ft of water and peddled west, between 3-5 miles zigging and zaggin. I was hoping for a paddy and maybe something exotic, dodo, yft, bft?

Yani's buddy, Mr. Hammerhead, jacked me for 2 spanish macs. No problem. The water was calm and boats where everywhere except no where near me. Was thinking I was in the wrong spot. I observed no patties, but did observe fishy water (terns, and birds on the water, some breaks of small fish, escaping something).

fished south to the headlands crossing very deep water. until this point, very quite, and i'm about to call it a day. At around 300 ft, the short fly-lined spanish goes off. thought it was a shark. 3 great runs and finally to my gaff. My first YT from a yak.

About 13 miles round trip. Off the water by 12 ish.

36 inches fork length about 21 lbs according to the bath scale. Gut had a bunch of small fish packed in the belly.

If you your thinking of fishing, stop thinking, get out there.
Attached Images

DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote