Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

How does that work? Is the arrow tipped with something, or is it like a spearo and he actually has to handline the thing afterwards?

Seems a bit unfair to be shooting an animal from your (relatively) massive boat when she doesn't even know she's playing... sorta like that ridiculous knockout game. Doesn't seem like there's much "gamesmanship" involved.

Punch someone when they know you're coming... see what happens.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
SorryCharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d View Post
How does that work? Is the arrow tipped with something, or is it like a spearo and he actually has to handline the thing afterwards?

Seems a bit unfair to be shooting an animal from your (relatively) massive boat when she doesn't even know she's playing... sorta like that ridiculous knockout game. Doesn't seem like there's much "gamesmanship" involved.

Punch someone when they know you're coming... see what happens.
Couldn't agree more!

Not saying it doesn't take skill to be extremely accurate with a compound bow, but this just seems like shooting fish in a barrel to me.

I would guess that after shooting it he had to go to rod and reel to fight the fish in. In reality (IMO) its almost as easy to get a mako in bow range as it is to get one to bite live bait on rod and reel (if you are targeting sharks), but at least if something happens with a hook set-up, worst the shark leaves with is a hook and some line. With the bow set-up, the shark leaves with a mortal wound and it wasted, which would be sad with such an amazing specimen.

Leave the bows where there is more skill involved (IMO), on land with deer and other animals that see/smell you coming.
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #3
oneyedeer

lol not much skill needed to shoot with a compound it's almost as easy as using a crossbow especially at that distance and that big of a target. It's funny how wrong this is. If it's fishing, You are suppose to present something in hope your game be dumb enough to take it. This isn't fishing. If it's bow hunting, you are supose to get as close to the animal you are hunting without it being noticed. Bow hunting guys brags how close they got to the game before their shot. Land animals could smell and hear you coming so it present an actual challenge. This doesn't fit that bill either because it doesn't take any skills chumming the water. To me it's foul play on both sports so why are these guys bragging about it?

Last edited by oneyedeer; 10-03-2014 at 10:23 AM.
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
grey zone

What a waste of a nice fish, I do not see the sport. I think using the donation excuse to justify killing it is also lame!
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
taggermike

Like Andy said, like shooting a cow, or lets say a bull cause they are actually dangerous. I haven't shot an arrow in decades but I'm pretty sure I could hit a target as big as that mako form what, 6-10 feet away, from the complete safety of a yacht. While I'm sure this guy is very skilled with a bow, all he needed for this was the cash to charter a yacht, hire a skipper who knows where sharks are, and the time to sit around throwing blood in the water. Not seeing how this is any thing to be proud of. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote