Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

7/22 LJ AM

Ugly windy rainy choppy morning. Then it settled and the sun came out.

I caught and released a 10# class yt this morning (ok so my leader broke becuase the drag was too tight when I was getting out my gaff with the fish at the boat) ops: . Bait was easy between the cans. I loaded the tank and hit up the spots. Every single bait I had got killed by a calico, cuda, bone, or yt. I went through about 30 assorted macs today. I had to troll in with a plug becuase all my baits got shredded.

Took this pic and posted at the catchers request:

caught on a jimijig.
That thing was very big. It was being taken to a certified scale. The bass guys should have some big stringers next weekend for their tourny.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
Pumori
Junior

The little squall that came through early was interesting. Lots of bait with birds on them moving through early but I didn't find anything under them. Picked up some very nice healthy bait and trolled one high and one low. Landed two calicos and a 14-15" WSB (all released).
Pumori is offline   Reply With Quote