Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #1
Murray

Hobie Seat (2002 model)

Got a butt pad and that takes care of the seat. The back support continues to dig into me. Thought it was my pfd but think it is the seat. Anyone have any suggestions on how to take care of the problem.
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #2
HobieScot

Hobie Seat (2002 model)

It sounds like it's time for a new one.

That's what I did and the new one is so much better than the original one that came with my Hank Parker outback. My back used to hurt after a full day on the water with my old seat. As soon as I got the new seat that problem was solved

They are soooo much better now with better support and better adjustability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by HobieScot; 08-04-2015 at 09:42 PM.
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
Murray

any outback owners using surf to summit expedition seat?
Old 08-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
TJones

Any pics of seat?

For the current models without vantage seat , hobie makes an upgraded air cushion seat . Works great for a season . Look on sport chalet web site and order an air cushion . There is one manufacturer that makes the sleeping pads . Get that one . It won't let you down . And with the air cushion you will have no problem being on water 10-12 hours .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #5
TJones

Any other seat other than the stock hobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
any outback owners using surf to summit expedition seat?
Would have to be modified to work . Andy can do this , if this is the route you want yo take .
Old 08-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #6
Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
For the current models without vantage seat , hobie makes an upgraded air cushion seat . Works great for a season . Look on sport chalet web site and order an air cushion . There is one manufacturer that makes the sleeping pads . Get that one . It won't let you down . And with the air cushion you will have no problem being on water 10-12 hours .
Thanks for the reply. It is the back portion of the seat that is digging into me. I have a butt pad that works great but my back is getting jabbed by whatever hobie has incorporated into the back portion of their seat.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
TJones

My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Thanks for the reply. It is the back portion of the seat that is digging into me. I have a butt pad that works great but my back is getting jabbed by whatever hobie has incorporated into the back portion of their seat.
Any pics of pegs ? Hobies sells an adapter that would allow you to have newer seat . It has this quick release twist in connector . Way better than the old connector which has tendancy of popping out , seizing up , possibly even splitting kayak . I would grab a new seat and these upgraded seat mounts . It will cost you a small fortune , but will last you years to come . Personally I would stay with hobie stuff . Any other manufacturer and you will have to do some drilling into yak for mouthing eyelets .