Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
live2fishy
Fish killer

Dp 4/21

Met up with with a couple others from here on the board

Plan was fishing the beach for flatties. Got to launch and in the water at 6ish big swell breaking over the wall... Screw it paddle get bait nice chovies took care of the bait guy with a fat tip to insure da kine bait. Paddle the beach but it was pretty bad I hung a 13" sandy my gf hangs the right kind but pops it off got too excited around 9 am we tuck our tails and figure better to catch something than nothing and since I was the only one with fish boated we made the 2.5mile mish to the canyon off highlands... Along the paddle met another yakker didnt catch his name but he bailed before we found the fish... I hung a big sandy Adam took home, couple more drifts said screw it lets fish the kelps. 65degree water and the bass were fiesty. I chummed up some of the more beat up baits and the bass were foaming. Collar hooked chove on top the kelp was the ticket.

I was the only one to boat fish unfortunately but it's better than 0 for the whole group.

Rounded out the day with 10miles and change on the odometer, quite a bit of paddling...

I'm ready to fish somewhere again and everyone catch something. Maybe mothership my boat and a couple yaks to cat for the wsb and yt biting
live2fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:18 AM   #2
Casey

Let me know when you take a Catalina trip, Maybe we can meet out there. I have a 30' Catalina in Dana Point, with 2 kayak holders. Also let's take the yaks out on a local mother ship trip, my boat or yours....
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
live2fishy
Fish killer

Your boat would be cheaper to go haha my 18ft skiff might be cramped with yaks on it haha
live2fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Squid Vicious
plastic navey squid

.....nice meeting you guys..grats on the sandras...lots of small checkers out there...1 keeper for my partner....lots and lots of followers...its getting ready to bust wide soon.....PM me next time you all go again...love your girls X-13...really nice yak..mine tired me out..its a tank LOL
Malibu Mini X F & D "anchovie "
Squid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote