Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Try-n 2 fish
Junior

OEX Tournament

I am the kid who everyone has been talking about who got off of his kayak in the last OEX Tournament held at mission bay. I would first like to say that I did not know this was against tournament rules. Had I carefully read the rules I would have had a clue, and I would like to take full responsibility for this and appologize to all the kayakers who fished that tournament. Should I decide to fish another kayak tournament I will read every rule and regulation to ensure I do not break any rules again.

Secondly I did do something that I have never done before. I accepted a small calico bass from my dad and put it in my live well. This I did know would be cheating. I honestly have no excuse for this because I was aware what I was doing was wrong, and unfair to every single kayaker of the tournament. I am not a cheater in fishing or life, and thats just not the kind of person I am. But when I do stupid things like this I don't expect anyone to believe that. The worst part of it in my opinion is for my sponsors who have let me on thier team and been kind enough to let me sample gear,cloths, and have been incredibly generous to me in every way. And Than I do this at my first tournament and outing. I keep hearing things will be alright and work out, but at the same time I know that alot of people are very upset and that I did this and that I know I will lose more oppurtunites further up the road.

To everyone who fished the OEX tournament that day and to the owner of OEX I would sincerely like to appologize for my actions, and That I meen this when I say it will never happen again. To Uni Butter and tenacious baits: I'm sorry for letting you guys down so soon into meeting you, and hope that I can get one more chance from you both.
Try-n 2 fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
landwhale

Thank you for stepping up and I accept your explanation and your apology. We all make mistakes in life some of those are the times we learn hard lessons I myself hope you will join us again.

I would like to be able to put a name to the face so the next time we meet we can shake hands and put all behind and move on

Steven Green

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Brian Sanner

Takes alot of courage to come forward and own up to it. No hard feelings here. I really do hope to see you at the next tournament in Newport
Brian Sanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

Mistakes are made. Now you know, if someone had not brought it to our attention and ultimately yours, you may have won the next tournament fishing from a dock. Imagine standing on the podium, losing that big smile and the title in front of everyone, that would truly suck. Hope to see you at the next tournament.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
ericko

Wow im impressed and i do believe you will never take your dads small fish again. Its just as much dads fault as yours he should not have given you the fish...see you in Newport

trust me we have all done foolish thing
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Mistakes are made. Now you know, if someone had not brought it to our attention and ultimately yours, you may have won the next tournament fishing from a dock. Imagine standing on the podium, losing that big smile and the title in front of everyone, that would truly suck. Hope to see you at the next tournament.
X-2 ...

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
Nic D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Sanner View Post
Takes alot of courage to come forward and own up to it. No hard feelings here. I really do hope to see you at the next tournament in Newport
x2

see you in Newport

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
Try-n 2 fish
Junior

Steven Green: I would really like to be able to shake hands and put this all behind us. Thanks accepting my apology!!

Iceman: I could not agree anymore! I am glad I learned this way not at the podium in front of everyone.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and helpin me see the light of this situation
Old 04-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
bluefin2na
Junior

Fact is that you made a mistake, and i,m sure it wont happen again.
You will be making alot of friends fishing, some will stick with you for life. some will become your best friends, and you will learn to make the best of it you like your doing now.

Stay in the game, and have fun. The key to this is to have fun, when you stop having fun, get out of the game.

good Job stepping up
bluefin2na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
jorluivil

You're dad should be the one sending the apology letter not you.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #11
Try-n 2 fish
Junior

My dad has nothing to apologize for. I accepted his dink fish knowing I was wrong. He just wanted to see me do well. In every way shape and form it is wrong on both our sides, but I said yes to the small calico. My tournament entry, my bad judgement, my consquences.

Bluefin2na: Thank you. I look forward to meeting people and making new friends, and hopefully good impressions
Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #12
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try-n 2 fish View Post
My dad has nothing to apologize for. I accepted his dink fish knowing I was wrong. He just wanted to see me do well. In every way shape and form it is wrong on both our sides, but I said yes to the small calico. My tournament entry, my bad judgement, my consquences.

Bluefin2na: Thank you. I look forward to meeting people and making new friends, and hopefully good impressions
Sorry kid...not trying to give you a hard time, just speaking from a parents point of view. I commend you for what you did, takes a lot of courage to stand in front of a crowd of peers and apologize for what you did.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote