Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #1
fourtogo

Alamitos Bay LBC

Got told by Long Beach marine police I couldn't fish anywhere in the bay last night . I was fishing around Open end . I am 60yrs old fishing license in plain view . Treated me like criminal made me sit on the ground . It was 11pm I have very bad back and that was struggle . I have lived in LBC my whole life and have fished the bay as a kid on shore and in my boat . Now being told NO FISHING IN BAY . What is the fact here . I see others all over the bay fishing , the rocks beaches docks . Can you please tell me FACTS . I was shore fishing
fourtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
RedondoSteve

Try This:
http://longbeach-ca.elaws.us/code/mu...i_sec16.08.460
RedondoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
Dave Legacy

A few years ago I was given the same treatment, but I was cited with misdemeanor loitering. A couple runs through the court system mail without any luck and it was ultimately dismissed the morning I appeared in court. It wasn't dismissed because I was proven to not be in the wrong, but rather because they chose not to see me. Whatever, I got what I was hoping for, but it used up the greater part of a year.

So here's the deal, according to municipal code 1616.010(O) the beach curfew of 10PM does not apply to licensed anglers fishing below the mean-high tide line. Signs stating as such are posted every 100 yards or so on the boardwalk which is why what happened to you is even more frustrating.

It's a shame to hear this is still happening.
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
Dave Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedondoSteve View Post
Try this one:

http://longbeach-ca.elaws.us/code/mu...6_sec16.16.010

Quote:
2. Walking, jogging, or fishing (by members of the public having on their possession a valid California fishing license) shall be allowed on the wet sand of all beaches between the hours of ten o'clock (10:00) p.m. and twelve o'clock (12:00) midnight. "Wet sand" shall be defined, for the purpose of this Section, as that portion of the beach that is wet as a result of the wash of the waves or tidal action. Individuals may go to or come from the wet sand, for one of the purposes allowed, between the hours of ten o'clock (10:00) p.m. and twelve o'clock (12:00) midnight by the most direct route available at any given location.
In my case I was fishing on a December night on a huge tidal swing approaching a negative tide. Every bit of that beach was still wet when I got rolled
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote