Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

SD City Council to discuss the Children's Pool

I just received an email from Sheri Lightner informing me that the City Council will be discussing the future of the Children's Pool at an upcoming meeting on May 17th. Here is the text of the email.

Please plan to attend the San Diego City Council meeting regarding the future management of the La Jolla Children’s Pool:fficeffice" />>>
>>
Monday, May 17 at 6 pm>>
Sherwood Auditorium>>
Museum of Contemporary Art>>
700 Prospect St.>>
La Jolla>>
>>
The Council will be considering the following options:>>
1. Close the beach during pupping season from December 15 to May 15>>
2. Keep the guideline rope barrier up year round>>
3. Prohibit dogs on the beach, 24 hours a day, year round>>
4. Seek private funding for a full-time Park Ranger and volunteer docent program to patrol the Children’s Pool>>
>>
Please be sure to fill out a speaker slip at the Council hearing. If you do not wish to speak, but want your opinion recorded, please check the box for “I do not wish to speak”.>>
>>
If you can’t attend, please email or call all the Council members in advance with your thoughts on the future management of the Children’s Pool.>>
>>
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please contact our office at (619)236-6611 or sherrilightner@sandiego.gov. >>
>>
Thank you!>>
>>
Sherri>>
>>
Sherri Lightner>>
Councilmember, District 1>>
City of San Diego

I cannot attend this meeting but would encourage anyone who likes banging their head against walls or hitting thumbs with hammers to attend. The outcome has likely already been determined. I will be sending an email with my thoughts on this issue but as with most things like this the words will probably be falling on deaf ears.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
3. Prohibit dogs on the beach, 24 hours a day, year round>>

If only . . . .
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote