Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
MalibuJohnny

Mission Bay Sunday morning butt fishin'

Taking the famlily out to Seaworld and staying in Mission Bay. Would like some info on what kind of crank bait or bounce ball lure I should take along. Sunday morning butt fishin'

Thanks,
Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
Whizz Bang

You will probably not make it through the front gate of Seaworld with your fishing gear, but if you do, go BIG. Im talking like 10/0 hooks and wire leader to 200lb spectra....do you have a stand-up fighting rig? Also, you are going to want to get there early so you can grab a splash zone front row seat, you dont want to have to cast over the tourists.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
MalibuJohnny

HA HA HA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizz Bang View Post
You will probably not make it through the front gate of Seaworld with your fishing gear, but if you do, go BIG. Im talking like 10/0 hooks and wire leader to 200lb spectra....do you have a stand-up fighting rig? Also, you are going to want to get there early so you can grab a splash zone front row seat, you dont want to have to cast over the tourists.
No I am fishing the bay! I wish I could fish thise tanks!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
Billy V

Any ball bouncing is likely to result in a tangled mess of eel grass in MB. If you fish near the sea world channel (specifically near the S. Ingraham st. bridge you may find a halibut)
but you will not be alone. From shore you need to enter Ski Beach Boat launch area. Go to the right side of the parking lot, near the bridge.

Swim baits in green work good, I use uni butter as well. If you walk up on the bridge at low tide you can see an overview of the area.
ie. Where the eel grass lies in relation to sandy bottom.
-----------------
Let me know where you decide to fish so I can throw fireworks in the area.

Bully
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizz Bang View Post

Hahahahaha thats great

Big 2lb Bonita or mackeral is best bait youll have to sneak that in to.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
MalibuJohnny

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Any ball bouncing is likely to result in a tangled mess of eel grass in MB. If you fish near the sea world channel (specifically near the S. Ingraham st. bridge you may find a halibut)
but you will not be alone. From shore you need to enter Ski Beach Boat launch area. Go to the right side of the parking lot, near the bridge.

Swim baits in green work good, I use uni butter as well. If you walk up on the bridge at low tide you can see an overview of the area.
ie. Where the eel grass lies in relation to sandy bottom.
-----------------
Let me know where you decide to fish so I can throw fireworks in the area.

Bully
Thanks Billy