Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
erinoo

Was just there yesterday at the new shop for the first time. Took a bait tank in for a repair of the on/off switch...CJ and Brent knew the tank wasn't bought at their shop..Said they would take care of it, no hesitation..Both are class acts. It would be difficult to recieve better service, except from maybe oex at sunset or oceanside...E
Old 08-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #22
WahooUSMA

OEX

Sorry Alpine, I don’t believe you will get any love in this thread. OEX has gone way above the standard for customer service with not only me, but my friends as well.

With my first yak, I elected to install a kaya-tank myself. Not the wisest task I ever attempted. After the install, I had nothing but problems. Not manufacturing problems, but install problems and an electronic timer switch problem. I didn’t know where to turn except to contact CJ and the crew at OEX. Not only did they talk and walk me through the process of re-installing the tank over the phone, but they had me bring the yak in to the store to water test the hull for leaks. While the yak was in the shop, OEX installed a different timer switch and relocated it (timer switch) to the rear hatch…….Free. Now that is customer service. They are a great crew!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #23
Matt
Support your local pangas

I heart Torgy!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #24
JD

I'm late to the party with my comments but I agree with the majority of the posts. OEX rocks, great customer service. Customers are treated fairly and with a very positive attitude. OEX has created quite a little community around their business and we're all better off for it.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #25
MalibuJohnny

OEX

Always have assisted me when I asked a question. Alway happy to give advise. Never said no when I needed to use thier head (Sunset Beach) Just very nice people!

Now Piss off an go away!

Last edited by MalibuJohnny; 08-24-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #26
IntrntFshrman

Chiming in agreement

I must add to the voices in praise of Brent and CJ.

They let my wife and I go out on two Malibu X-Factors to 'test drive' and we were out there for almost an hour. I needed to convince my wife that kayaks were the thing to do...she loved it.

I was given a good quote and everything was totally friendly/helpful.

After my wife and I discussed things, we decided we just couldn't afford two new kayaks so we bought two used ones from craigslist and a connection through a post I did here.

I saw CJ a week or two after that and even though I ended up going that route he was completely helpful and I ended up buying new PFDs and the sit on top gator hatch plus my THULE racks from them. Brent was also a total class act. (I can't remember the other guy but he was great as well)

CJ doesn't hesitate to answer questions here. Bottom line, one of the most professional, SMART businesses I've ever dealt with. In this age of 'screw the customer, just be happy you're getting anything' I will be doing as much business as I can with them...I just wish I lived closer!!!

Thanks again, OEX!

Mike Collins
Rancho Cucamonga
Old 08-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #27
Hypoxic1

I had a personal conversation with this kid last night and he agrees he was a bit over the top. He told me he thought the thread would be deleted as he doesent want to do any damage to OEX's marketing.

Close the thread please. or delete it
lesson learned by a young man
Old 08-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #28
dorado50

How 'bout a to Nate in Oceanside..............
Old 08-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #29
Alpinesurfer
Banned

oex mission bay

yeah i spoke to brent personally and got everything figuared out and have since gotten my new xfactor i tried to delete the post but it keeps coming back : / so just disregarded this!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
TORGY

First off let me say that I would like to thank all of you for the very kind comments, its been a tough year and hearing all the support sure makes us want to work harder for all of you. We are excited about the new Mission Bay store and demo's are welcomed. We are going to start the renovation/expansion of the other part of the building this week so pardon our dust.
Alpinesurfer I hope you enjoy your new kayak and like we talked about hope to see you at OEX and our tournaments.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #31
punchjamesarnol

Congrats on your new kayak!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #32
warrior

right on!

Congrad on the yak. Now it's time to support OEX and all the other small businesses that keep our hobby moving ahead.

If there's one thing I've learned; we love our kayaks, like to tell stories, and we're faithful to our supporters.

That's how it should be.

"Think not forever of yourselves, O Chiefs, nor of your own Generation. Think of continuing generations of our families, think of our grandchildren and of those not yet unborn, whose faces are coming from beneath the ground"
Words spoken by the peacemaker, American Indian prophet and founder of the Iroquois Confederacy Circa 1000 AD

Ya ta Hey!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #33
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Enough said, locking the thread.

I think the best testament to what OEX is really about is the fact that the very same OEX guys kept putting the thread back up once the original poster deleted it after having a change of heart.

The whine request rejected, OEX has now officially been accepted to the BWE's cool club.