Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
TJones

Expensive sonar

I am running an hdi 50/ 200 transducer on a hds head unit . There is nothing wrong with my unit , because my friend has same exact setup and we are seeing the same picture . When we are looking at down imaging ,the picture is very poor , almost barely visable . Changing settings has very little effect . The thing that baffles me , is that another user was running an elite hdi and his down imaging picture was excellent . A split image of his traditional sonar . All setups are installed on hobies with transducers in water. The later setup was using an 83/200 which still does not explain the variance . Any opions ? I have not called lowrance just yet .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
igotpron
Xcoastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
I am running an hdi 50/ 200 transducer on a hds head unit . There is nothing wrong with my unit , because my friend has same exact setup and we are seeing the same picture . When we are looking at down imaging ,the picture is very poor , almost barely visable . Changing settings has very little effect . The thing that baffles me , is that another user was running an elite hdi and his down imaging picture was excellent . A split image of his traditional sonar . All setups are installed on hobies with transducers in water. The later setup was using an 83/200 which still does not explain the variance . Any opions ? I have not called lowrance just yet .
This is just curiosity. So You can run an hdi transducer with the hds unit and select the down imaging frequencies? Does that mean the only difference between the elite, dsi, and hdi is just the transducer? Can that be?
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
YakDout
Brandon

Unless you have the structure scan transducer, I don't believe that the HDS can pick up down imaging.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:32 AM   #4
TJones

Hds gen 2 and gen 3

You can select the hdi transducer under installation tab . Then from the down imaging screen select down frequency only , this disables side imaging . It works , but all you can see is bottom for the most part . At 80 ' the picture is very poor .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote