Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
Guyak

Got Some Braided Line

So in the anticipation of going out early Sunday and having a BBQ on Saturday, I ran to a local store in North County SD inland that was close. Unfortunately they must have known they were the only place in town that was open with something I needed and charged accordingly

Anyway, I want honest opinions on the Berkley Big Game Braid. They only had the Cabo White. I went with 65# and will run a 40lb Flouro leader.

Do you guys find the white color is a plus or minus? Seems the white is REALLY white even though there is leader material.

Also, the guy who sold it said the braid could last for a couple of years and that at the end of the season you could put it on a spare spool and place it in the washer with no soap to clean it off and increase the life of the line I have never heard of this and was wondering if the guy was blowing smoke.

Thanks for your time guys, this board has already helped me save a ton of money by pointing in the right direction and then adjusting to personal preference.
Guyak is offline   Reply With Quote