Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
ebrake180
Junior

LJ 4/3 & my first wipeout

So I launched around 8am this morning, met a fellow yaker Jeff I believe, had a Hobie.

I went ahead and launched first... as I was launching I noticed my main large hatch was open but I figured the waves were tiny so no biggie. Boy was I wrong, the swell hit right when I barely started paddling and it only got bigger so I just hit it hard and managed to get through no problem. Except I noticed after I made it out of the wave zone that I was going super slow, I moved my hatch over and there was a ton of water in my Yak about 4 inches deep. Oh well I thought the fish would appreciate my ghetto bait tank.

Anyways as I headed out I noticed the waves were getting really big and the guy that was supposed to launch right after me was nowhere to be found...

About an hour passes by and I see the guy, he tells me that he got wiped out launching... lost a pole and broke another one... really sucks. He offers me a pump to get the water out, I decline and tell him it's my new bait tank.

On my way back in I come in with perfect timing and go sideways a little bit, I'm not worried at all cuz I've landed in much worst conditions. Anyways as I'm coming in I go sideways and dig but BAM, I'm baffled at how fast I just flipped. Then I realized when I went sideways ALL the water in my Yak shifted and turned me over like a pancake. Then I flip my yack over, it was really easy because my poles and my head happened to be holding it upside down perfectly! Then I start picking up floating items, I see a ton of stuff everywhere and start grabbing thing in order from the most expensive to least expensive haha.... all in all only lost a tshirt.

As for the fish macks were everywhere, caught a nice legal bass first one since the new rules came in, and a couple rock fish.
ebrake180 is offline   Reply With Quote