Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #21
John M

Sentri is worth having.
Fitz & me crossed thru east gate Sentri Sunday about 1:00pm. Took about 30 min. Should have been quicker but they only had one Sentri lane open.

John
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #22
Mahigeer

Looks like I will be in week one for now.

I still need to talk to two friends. I will confirm later, we got a lot time until then.

A new item for the list:
http://www.mycoolingstore.com/evapor...tml#undefined2

Last edited by Mahigeer; 11-07-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #23
MrPukaShell

First thing I did when I returned. Paperwork has been submitted and they cashed the check as they say.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:14 AM   #24
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
First thing I did when I returned. Paperwork has been submitted and they cashed the check as they say.
What happens if you have someone else with you and he/she does not have their own pass?

Do you have to go to the regular line?
Old 11-07-2016, 06:48 AM   #25
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Yes to use Sentri everyone in vechicle needs theri own sentri. But you ride alone with all your gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
What happens if you have someone else with you and he/she does not have their own pass?

Do you have to go to the regular line?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #26
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Yes to use Sentri everyone in vechicle needs theri own sentri. But you ride alone with all your gear.

You are correct sir, but I was wondering about Robert, who has been giving ride to others.

I don't mind getting the pass, but I may have friends next October without the pass.

I just have to make sure to travel during weekdays.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #27
MrPukaShell

This is my fair warning. If anyone wants to drive with me they will indeed need a pass of their own. I will have my Sentri pass ASAP. If I can get through the border in 15 minutes or less I will drive down for Tacos and Shrimp just because.

Quote:
You are correct sir, but I was wondering about Robert, who has been giving ride to others.

I don't mind getting the pass, but I may have friends next October without the pass.

I just have to make sure to travel during weekdays.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #28
Mahigeer

While it is fresh in my mind, I would like to remind the future visitors to the Campo Las Encantadas of the following:

There is a freezer in the camp (to keep your catch in it) that needs the generator to run for its electricity. The generator uses gasoline.
If you use Bob’s boat it uses gasoline.
If you use the Quad for your personal use, it uses gasoline.

If you use the great vacuum pack machine at the camp for your catch, it uses bags.
If you clean your fish, take showers, use the bathroom the water has to be bought.
Bob pays a yearly lease out of pocket in order to keep the camp at our disposal.
All of the above cost money.

Bob used to mention a $5.00 water fee, but he has not done so recently.

We should not take advantage of his generosity, because he does not say anything.

Therefore, please make sure that you do not forget to make a generous donation to the camp fund before you leave the camp.

Bob’s hospitality should not be taken for granted.

Thanks for reading and hopefully remembering. I will post this again when we get closer as a reminder.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #29
Dannowar

Quote:
While it is fresh in my mind, I would like to remind the future visitors to the Campo Las Encantadas of the following:

There is a freezer in the camp (to keep your catch in it) that needs the generator to run for its electricity. The generator uses gasoline.
If you use Bob’s boat it uses gasoline.
If you use the Quad for your personal use, it uses gasoline.

If you use the great vacuum pack machine at the camp for your catch, it uses bags.
If you clean your fish, take showers, use the bathroom the water has to be bought.
Bob pays a yearly lease out of pocket in order to keep the camp at our disposal.
All of the above cost money.

Bob used to mention a $5.00 water fee, but he has not done so recently.

We should not take advantage of his generosity, because he does not say anything.

Therefore, please make sure that you do not forget to make a generous donation to the camp fund before you leave the camp.

Bob’s hospitality should not be taken for granted.

Thanks for reading and hopefully remembering. I will post this again when we get closer as a reminder.

GREAT POST
Old 11-07-2016, 01:56 PM   #30
domtesta27

Bob please put me down for week 2, I wouldn't miss this trip for the world.
domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:58 PM   #31
domtesta27

Quote:
This is my fair warning. If anyone wants to drive with me they will indeed need a pass of their own. I will have my Sentri pass ASAP. If I can get through the border in 15 minutes or less I will drive down for Tacos and Shrimp just because.
Robert I will start working on getting mine as well, anything special I need to do in order to get it started? Would be great to be able to ride with you again.
domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #32
YakDout
Brandon

Yep what hashem said. It doesnt make sense to me that people need to read a post like that to understand that these things cost money.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #33
YakDout
Brandon

2017 GONZAGA on the FLY 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtesta27 View Post
Robert I will start working on getting mine as well, anything special I need to do in order to get it started? Would be great to be able to ride with you again.

Dom, google GOES, and the government website should come up with all info on what is needed. Make sure to enclose any prior arrests (not saying you have any) as they will find out but are not tolerant of liars. It is still possible to get a sentri with prior misdemeanor convictions as long as you are truthful in the application. Also, keep in mind once you are approved you will have to drive down to san ysidro for a face to face interview, which is no big deal besides time consuming. If you are gonna try to get one better start soon, as they are very busy. Could take most of the year to get approved and schedule an interview.

Brandon
Old 11-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #34
Mahigeer

WOW, I mean wow.

Just finished the application for Sentri at GOES---Global Online Entry System.

wooieeeeee. It was painful.

So far only $25.00 cost. Is there more charges to come???
Old 11-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #35
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
WOW, I mean wow.

Just finished the application for Sentri at GOES---Global Online Entry System.

wooieeeeee. It was painful.

So far only $25.00 cost. Is there more charges to come???

Yes I believe about another hundred dollars. But its good for five years and you only have to do the interview once.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #36
YakDout
Brandon

Make sure you register your car when you complete the app.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:41 PM   #37
Sivak

Sentri

On the last trip, I crossed in 10 minutes , went flying right by you guys even after I got shrimp and followed the FJ all the way back to the border crossing.

FYI
Everyone in the vehicle must have global entry. The driver must have Sentri on the vehicle registered thru your application. Make sure you pay attention when doing your application, you can miss it if you don't read everything. Also you can not have a trailer of any kind behind your vehicle. Most importantly, Global Entry is a privilege, it can be revoked for any reason so make sure you mind your p's and q's.

Worst days to cross the border is Sunday and Monday.

Hope it helps.
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #38
Mahigeer

Sivak,

Your post sure helped.

Especially with the no trailer, and Sunday and Mondays being the busy days.

I thought Saturday and Sunday were the worst. I guess people are traveling south on Saturday, and try to avoid Sunday, so they cross on Monday.

I will change my crossing to Tuesdays now.

I did put in the information about the car, but had a lot of problem with accepting my home address!

If it is going to cost $125.00 to keep me from pissing in my pants, while waiting for the passing (when I drive alone), it will be worth it.

As the French would say--keskosa FJ??
Old 11-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #39
MrPukaShell

I applied through GOES and it was $100.00 for each of us. I applied for me and my wife so I did the paperwork twice. They accepted the money but nothing from them as of yet.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #40
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
I applied through GOES and it was $100.00 for each of us. I applied for me and my wife so I did the paperwork twice. They accepted the money but nothing from them as of yet.

Robert, when you login to you account on goes does your app say pending review yet? It might say app submitted for a couple days but it will say pending review for months and months. At least for me it took that long. From the day I filled out my app to the day I get my sentri will be over six months.